The Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN), which is the acknowledged representative of the manufacturing sector in Nigeria was established to advice, consults and where necessary, joins issues with government and other bodies on matters that affect its members.
In this report, NAIJ.com brings you some facts about MAN.
1. The Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN) was established in May, 1971.
2. The establishment of the Association was motivated by the desire to have a focal point of communication and consultation between industry on the one hand, and the government and general public on the other.
READ ALSO: Manufacturing companies in Lagos
3. MAN was established to promote and protect manufacturers collective interests.
Man has branches in the following locations:
Kwara/Kogi State branch
Kano Bompai branch
Cross River/Akwa Ibom branch
Anambra / Enugu branch
Kano Sharada (Challawa) Branch
Kaduna southeast branch
4. Dr Frank Jacobs is currently the president of the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria.
5. He is the ninth president
Sectors under MAN include:
Man Export Group
Motor Vehicle And Miscellaneous Assembly Sectoral Group
Non-Metalic Mineral Products Sectoral Group
Wood And Wood Products Including Furniture Sectoral Group
Textile, Wearing Apparel, Carpet, Leather/Leather Footwear Sectoral Group
Electrical And Electronics Sectoral Group
Pulp, Paper And Paper Products, Printing And Publishing Sectoral Group
Domestic And Industrial Plastic, Rubber And Foam Sectoral Group
Basic Metal, Iron And Steel And Fabricated Metal Products Sectoral Group
Chemical And Pharmaceuticals Sectoral Group
Food, Beverages And Tobacco
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
Benefits for being a member of MAN are:
Credibility as a manufacturer
Access to up-to-date business information
Capacity building for members
Recognition by government Agencies and business communityandnbsp;
Public policy advocacy for favorable investment/industrial policies.
Direct interventions on member's problems.
Promoting made-in-Nigeria products
To become member of MAN, go to ...http://www.manufacturersnigeria.org/membership/registration.php.
Can Nigeria's first ever locally built helicopter fly? - on NAIJ.com TV[embedded content]
About Article Author