The ‘Jamait Ahlis Sunna Lidda awwati wal jihad’ known as Boko Haram means ‘the people committed to propagation of the Prophets teachings and jihad’. The actual translation of the word boko Haram in Hausa language means western education is sacrilege or a sin. Literally means book is (Haram). Haram in Arabic means bad, forbidden, unlawful.
Boko Haram is a religious sect that oppose to western education and development, a jihadist terrorist organization base in the North East, Nigeria. They are opposed to all kind of man made laws and emphasis on the adjugation of Sharia as the basic regulatory constitutional document in the country. However, they seek to abolish secular system of government in Nigeria.
The sect was founded in the late 2001 by an Islamic scholar, late Mallam Muhammed Yussuf. The school is situated in the far east Maiduguri and the enrollment into the school was basically from poor family background from both in and outside the country. And the only language use is Arabic.
It is obvious that the sect originated from the late fundamentalist Muhammed Marwa of the former Maitasine group that caused mayhem in the‘80’s. It is also a fact that the group originated and expanded during the regime of former Governor Ali Modu Sherif of Bornu. Who, however in his tenure enjoyed the existence of the group to manifest his will and wishes in the state.
Sponsors. Who are the sponsors? It may not be so difficult to know. Apparently, the sects is been sponsored by some mischievous individuals among the elite in Nigeria who felt thus;
1. They are no more in government / corridor of power where they feel it is their birth right.
2. They have been driven away from the clique of controlling the sharing of national cake.
3. They have taken away from them, the seat of power, leadership and the control of country’s resources.
4. The inside and align enemies who feel unity of the country is an illusion.
Oh! Having the impression of existence of the sects is so frightened, perhaps the northern leaders who are quite aware of their existence and probably the possible future danger that may arise from the emergence of the militia group in the past years but refused to act to curb their extension for reasons quite unequivocal.
If I may use the word, contrition twins like a snake each and every moment l heard the bomb shell of the hand work of the militia group that in the recent become the colossus that betray our Nation. And when they strike the Non Muslims and the innocents are mostly the victims.
In other word, to some, they are freedom fighters. That they fight for liberation and to express their grievances on the rate of corruption that has engulfed the nook and cranny of our society especially the people in the government. Actually, opinions are so diver on the founding, aims and vision of the group.
Some Nigerians like former EFFCC boss, Hajia Farida Waziri, have different opinions. In her own view to curb the menace, government should try to address national social problems like unemployment, infrastructural facilities etc. When it is understood that the corruption in the country is much, it has been deep rooted in the blood of every individual in Nigeria.
To some, the sects are meant to fight for justice, peace and humanity. They are to start agitation or revolution for the development we have been yarning for in which all sort of maladministration and mismanagement of our resources would be wiped off as it has happened in Cuba and China.
Actually, late Mallam Yussuff was able to succeed in recruiting members of the group by attracting the followers who are mostly unemployed youths and the naïve on the part of the corrupt people in the government; couple with lack of provision of basic amenities. Definitely, ‘violent are proximity in the arena of frustration couple with corruption and the attendant social malaise of poverty and unemployment’.
It is apparent that Islam is a religion of peace, no matter all the enmities and contrary views originated from the western world, lslam remains the same, peace, actual way of life and the religion of the eternity.
Quran ‘3’ verse ‘19’ says ‘Truly, the religion with Allah is Islam. Those who are given the scripture did not differ except, out of mutual jealousy, after knowledge had come to them. And who ever disbelieves in the ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, signs, revelations etc) of Allah, then surely, Allah is swift in calling to account’
Also, Quran ‘2’verse ‘256’ says; ‘There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the right path has become distinct from the wrong path. Whosoever, believes in Taghuit and believes in Allah, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break. And Allah is All hearing, All knower.’
See also, these Quranic verses that testify the incomparable legibility of Islam from Allah, Q 3 V 85, Q 5 V 31, Q 6 V 125, Q 6 V 153, Q 4 V 125, and Q 3 v 20.
From day Adam, revolution does occur every moment at each step. So in the general understanding, development means improvement in the growth, per capital income, social and infrastructural enhancement, man acquisition of skill and good life.
It is therefore evident that Islam is the pioneer of development in the world. Ibn Khadum from Islamic world was the father and originator of the social discipline (sociology) in the world today. An Arabic scholar, whose work named ‘Al Imran’ to designate what he then called ‘new Science of Society’, He has developed and written many work on society, the group, the individuals and the crises involve then in Arabic before these works were developed and translated into western languages by the likes of August Comte, a French national in 1833 and others.
Besides, many scientific development that were known today have been reported by the Glorious Quran over a thousand years back among which is the formation and origination of man in the womb, the structure and position of the earth to mention a few. Suffice to say lslam does not oppose to development as regards man enlightenment, acquisition of knowledge and good life; capital building, infrastructural growth and environmental comfort ability.
An Hadith, sunna of the Holly Prophet Muhammed related by Aishat ‘mother of the faithful’ stipulated that any development/innovation that does not contravene the teachings of Islam but enhance understanding of Man as regard to growth and development is welcome.
Virtually, all Nigerians condemn the act by the militia group.
Dr. Mu asu Babangida Aliyu; ‘lslam is known to be religion of peace and does not condone violence and crime in any form’ and boko haram does not represent lslam’.
Sa adu Abubakar, The Nigerian Muslim Spiritual leader; ‘anty Islamic’ ‘an embarrassment of lslam’.
The sect’s actions have also been condemned by (CMCN) Coalition of Muslim Clerics in Nigeria; and likewise the world Muslims at large as;
Islamic Clerics of North America; Islamic Supreme Council of Canada; Muslim Council of Britain ;Organization of Islamic Cooperation Council on American Islamic Relations etc
Though, they claim to fight for Islam but their actions contravene Quran ‘2’ verse ‘190’ says; ‘Fight in way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loves not aggressors’. However, one can not in totality condemn the fact that the group has a religious ‘precisely Islam’ affiliation because;
1. The founders are Muslims.
2. Actors are Muslims ‘so call by their names’.
3. Victims / Targets are non Muslims.
4. Emphases on Sharia law and abrogation of man made laws.
5. Operate in the north Nigeria, predominantly occupy by Muslims
Rate this article
Latest Nigeria News
- 6 Guaranteed Politicians Tinubu Would Rely On As APC Crisis Thickens
- Borno State Commissioner Dies In Maiduguri
- 2 New Senators Take Oath Of Office
- Famous American Singer Shares His Touching Experience With A Kenyan Beggar
- Renewed Hostilities: Niger Deltans Say No To Avengers
- Imo Governor Okorocha Gifts Wife With New State Appointment
- I Can?t Predict When Recession Will End Says Finance minister
- NYSC: Corps Member Slumps, Dies After Party With Colleagues
- Properties Worth N1.5bn Traced To Goodluck Jonathan?s Aide
- Buhari Spent 6million On Ear InfectionTtreatment In The UK
- President Buhari Has Lost His Memory Says Fani-Kayode
- Boko Haram Releases New Video, Threaten To Capture Buhari
- Emir Sanusi Buys new N132m Rolls Royce For Sallah
- Dear Avengers, You Are Worse Than Boko Haram, Your Religion Has Condemned You
- Gunmen Abduct Catholic Priest In Delta
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- SAD! Naked Corpses Of Rape Victims Dumped In Ikorodu, Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Prostitution In Nigeria: 3500 Male Sex Workers Discovered In Abuja
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)