The evil of infidelity has wrecked another home again. The 18-year-old marriage between Mr. Aremu Issa and his wife, Fatimoh, has finally hit the rocks over allegations of sexual recklessness, infidelity, fighting, etc.
Probably sensing danger, Fatimoh approached a Grade A Customary Court in Ojo, Lagos seeking for the dissolution of their marriage. She claimed her husband was in the habit of beating her, threatening her life and depriving she and their children of care.
Insisting that she no longer love her husband again, the mother of five narrated how their problem started: “I met my husband at Ojo Alaba in 1994. We started as friends and later we got married. But he never told me that he was already married to another woman.
"When I found out, I was angry with him and contemplated quitting the union but my family members kicked against it, so I had to accept my fate.
"After some time, he married two other women; thus increasing his number of wives to four; in same house. Yet, he would never take care of our needs or that of our children. He also had a penchant for beating women. He is an unrepentant woman beater. He beats me into coma most times and in many cases, our fights usually get settled by the police," she said.
Fatimoh disclosed that she had parked out of their matrimonial home for fear of her life, and pleaded with the court to grant her prayers and dissolve the marriage.
However, Olufamous gathered that the story changed when Mr. Issa was called to the box to state his own side of the story. The husband described his estranged wife as a cheap liar.
Hear him: “Our landlord gave us quit notice in our former house because of Fatimoh’s fondness for brining in several men into the compound as well as her habit of fighting and stirring up quarrels amongst the neighbours. She even went as far as fighting the landlords’ son.
"I never took the rumors about her love for anything in trousers serious until we moved into our personal house. I came back one night to meet a man naked in her bedroom; she told me the man came to help her do something. But her excuse was baseless because the man was naked with only his boxer shorts on. I quickly seized his clothes and he ran out of the house semi naked. Then I faced my wife, we fought seriously...
"I have been trying to be patient and tolerant but she seemed to be taking advantage of that as my weakness. Since she has dragged me to the court seeking the dissolution of the union, I can’t force her to live with me. I am equally tired of this our absurd union. I want it severed but I want custody of all my children."
gathered that members of the court headed by Alhaji T.A. Said observed that the marriage had broken beyond repair. Their union was dissolved while Mr. Issa and Fatimoh were directed to go to a family court to appeal for the custody of their kids.
Latest Nigeria News
- Many Feared Dead As Fulani Herdsmen Attack Another Enugu Community
- Bishop Decries Increasing Insecurity In Kaduna
- CAN Calls Emergency Meeting Over Zamfara And Kaduna Killings
- Breaking New: Two Killed As Army Arrests Killers Of Soldiers In Nembe (photos)
- Police To Use Lie Detector To Select Recruits
- Mr. Chinakwe's Dog, The Sons Of Lucifer And The Seed Of Al Shaitan By Fani-Kayode
- Abubakar Shekau Wounded In NAF?s Sambia Raid
- DEBT RAVAGED STATES: Six Governors Who Are In Serious Trouble (Photo)
- Army And NSCDC Uncover Another Illegal Oil Well In Lagos
- Fight Over Loot Exposes Fake Miracles Syndicate In Enugu
- Why Restructuring Will Never Solve Nigeria?s Problem
- Buhari Ready To Investigate Of Senators, Reps Over N200 billion
- Fulani Housemaid Kidnaps Employer?s Children In Ogun, Turns Them To Beggars In Lagos
- We Have Discovered Another N33trn Stolen Under Jonathan Says APC
- Fayosegate: EFCC Traces Another $5m To Obanikoro And Fayose
- Rio Olympics: Why Dream Team Lost To Germany 2 ? 0 By Ka?oje
- Moghalu To Avengers: IPOB And MASSOB: Embrace Dialogue Now
- Ndigbo, Why Go Back Home When Lagos Offers You More Success?
- Trader Reveals Why He Named His Dog Buhari: I Didn?t Know It Was Offensive
- I Never Received Pension And The Truth About Cars I Received From Dasuki Says Buhari
- You Won?t Believe What Police Recovered From Burglars In Lagos
- 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender Voluntarily
- Boko Haram: Group Slams Journalist Ahmed Salkida For Links With Terrorist Group
- Lagos Police Uncovers illegal Oil Wells Inside People's House, Shuts 12 Buildiings (Photos)
- NHRC Indicts Iwu, Uduaghan, Osunbor, Shagari Of Electoral Malpractice
- Electoral Fraud: Maurice Iwu, 2 Ex-Governors, 105 Others Indicted
- Jonathan Using Avengers To Destabilise Buhari Government Says MEND
- BREAKING: Appeal Court Reserves Judgment On Ikpeazu?s Sack
- Pregnant Teenage Girl Dies After Drinking Otapiapia In Lagos
- Oil Rises To $45 After OPEC President?s Prediction
- Read How Suspected Car thief Consults His Pastor For Prayers Before Operations
- Dubai properties: Buratai did no wrong ? Lawyer
- Uche Jombo Opens Up On Her Dating History
- Northern Youths Threaten Action Against Anti-Buhari Campaigners
- FG Dialogue Tears Niger Delta Avengers Apart
- Read What Happened To Married Policeman Who Cheated With Married NSCDC Lover
- Appeal Court Dismisses Faleke?s Appeal Against Yahaya Bello
- Woman Suffering From Economic Depression Found Dead In Well
- Jibrin Claims: Dogara Bribing Members With $25,000,
- Patoranking Reportedly Denied Entry Into Uganda