Family members, friends and colleagues of a 32-year old groom named Yussuf Babatunde Babalola are currently trying to unravel the sudden death of the young man who was alleged to have been poisoned on the eve of his wedding.
Investigations revealed that the late Babalola woke up at about 6.30 a.m. on Thursday, 12 July, 2012, the day he was to be at the marriage registry, complaining of stomach upset to his bride, Kudirat.
She raised an alarm by calling on his friends when the ailment became unbearable. By the time he was taken to the hospital two hours later, he was clinically dead.
A close friend of the deceased who did not want his name mentioned told P.M.NEWS that on getting to his apartment on Wright Street, Ebutte –Metta, South west Nigeria, Babalola who was unconscious, was later taken to Mt. Sinai Hospital, Yaba but the doctor on duty referred them to Lagos Medical Centre, inside the Nigerian Railway compound where the deceased was confirmed dead.
A source told P.M.NEWS that one of the doctors told the family that a black substance was found on his mouth which shows that he might have died of poisoning.
Another friend told P.M.NEWS that before the late Babalola was buried on the same day at Atan Cemetery according to Islamic rite, his friends and family members separately called four doctors and a herbalist to further certify that Babatola was actually dead because of the mystery surrounding the way he died.
“We were told to go and bury him at about 3.30 when it was confirmed that Yussuf had died,” said his friend.
All attempts to speak with the bride who is eight months pregnant proved abortive as she was said to have been devastated by the groom’s death.
Apart from the registry, the late Yussuf Babalola was said to have also been planning to hold his engagement ceremony on Saturday, 14 July, 2012 at the Army Officers’ Mess, Yaba, Lagos and his friends had bought the traditional aso-ebi for the ceremony.
The question on the lips of sympathisers, family members and friends is who killed Yussuf?
Latest Nigeria News
- Army Releases Arrested Tompolo Associates
- Governor Fayose Blasts President Buhari In New Fierce Attack
- Pastor Enoch Adeboye Finally Speaks On Slain Abuja Preacher
- See What Man Did To His Teenage Daughter After Catching Her In Bed With Lover (video)
- July 29, 1966: 7 Things You Should Know About The Second Military Coup in Nigeria
- Budget Padding Scandalous, Rubbishes Buhari?s Anti-Graft Crusade Says Afenifere
- 35 FRSC Crushed To Death By Drivers, 1 Loses Manhood
- Man Stoned And Burnt To Death For Stealing 3 Month Old Baby
- Stephen Keshi?s Burial Rites Commence Today
- Dogara Fights Back : Jibrin Smuggled Fake Projects Into The Budget
- Panic In Owerri Over Bombing Threat, Security Beefed Up
- I Have Not Been Paid For 5 Months Says Siasia
- Nnamdi Kanu: Biafra Restoration Not Personal Decision But Call From God Almighty
- Buhari Spits Fire: This Is What I Will Do To Corrupt APC Members
- NSCDC Rescues 9 Year Old Boy Chained For 2 Weeks Without Food In Celestial Church
- Breaking: Buhari?s Minister Reveals How Much His Government SavesMonthly
- Troops Nab Suspected Boko Haram Terrorists PMS Suppliers
- Nigerian Navy Arrests Niger Delta Avengers? Major Logistics Supplier
- Buhari Says Nigerians Still Love Him? See Fresh Poll Shows PMB?s Real Popularity
- Another Top Supplier To ND Avengers Arrested
- Bishop In Police Net For Allegedly Sponsoring Niger Delta Avengers
- What This Boko Haram Member Was Caught Doing Will Shock You (photos)
- Bola Ige: This Is What President Buhari Told IGP To Do Immediately
- Pilot Tells EFCC: How I Transported Over N1.219bn To Fayose On An Aircraft
- EFCC Interrogates Doyin Okupe Over N162m Illicit Payment
- My Boyfriend Refused To Use Condom: Police Arrests Lovers Fighting Over S3x
- Revelations : I Drove The Bribe Money To Fayose?s Hotel Says Driver
- Fear Of Buhari: Senate Makes Very Crucial Statement
- Reuben Abati: Theresa May, Melaye and the Leader?s Wife
- How Bullion van Driver Delivered N1.2bn To Fayose?s Hotel
- 2 soldiers Killed, 7 injured in Boko Haram ambush
- PENGASSAN, NUPENG call off strike
- IPMAN urges FG To Reopen Investigation Into Alleged N10.9bn Subsidy Fraud
- Pipeline Bombings: Militant Group Announces 2 Week Ceasefire
- IPMAN Urges FG To Reopen Investigation Into Alleged N10.9bn Subsidy Fraud
- Many Feared Dead As Communal Clash Resurfaces In Benue Coomunity
- Student Stabs Landlord To Death, You Wont Believe What He Did Next
- Sen. Ben Murray-Bruce Hangs Out With His Lookalike Son, Cody (Video)
- Eid-el-Fitr: Gov. Ugwuanyi And Ogun Speaker Urge Muslims Faithful To Promote Peace And Unity
- Oduah Has No Female Domestic Staff