Family members, friends and colleagues of a 32-year old groom named Yussuf Babatunde Babalola are currently trying to unravel the sudden death of the young man who was alleged to have been poisoned on the eve of his wedding.
Investigations revealed that the late Babalola woke up at about 6.30 a.m. on Thursday, 12 July, 2012, the day he was to be at the marriage registry, complaining of stomach upset to his bride, Kudirat.
She raised an alarm by calling on his friends when the ailment became unbearable. By the time he was taken to the hospital two hours later, he was clinically dead.
A close friend of the deceased who did not want his name mentioned told P.M.NEWS that on getting to his apartment on Wright Street, Ebutte –Metta, South west Nigeria, Babalola who was unconscious, was later taken to Mt. Sinai Hospital, Yaba but the doctor on duty referred them to Lagos Medical Centre, inside the Nigerian Railway compound where the deceased was confirmed dead.
A source told P.M.NEWS that one of the doctors told the family that a black substance was found on his mouth which shows that he might have died of poisoning.
Another friend told P.M.NEWS that before the late Babalola was buried on the same day at Atan Cemetery according to Islamic rite, his friends and family members separately called four doctors and a herbalist to further certify that Babatola was actually dead because of the mystery surrounding the way he died.
“We were told to go and bury him at about 3.30 when it was confirmed that Yussuf had died,” said his friend.
All attempts to speak with the bride who is eight months pregnant proved abortive as she was said to have been devastated by the groom’s death.
Apart from the registry, the late Yussuf Babalola was said to have also been planning to hold his engagement ceremony on Saturday, 14 July, 2012 at the Army Officers’ Mess, Yaba, Lagos and his friends had bought the traditional aso-ebi for the ceremony.
The question on the lips of sympathisers, family members and friends is who killed Yussuf?
Latest Nigeria News
- CAN Calls Emergency Meeting Over Zamfara And Kaduna Killings
- Breaking New: Two Killed As Army Arrests Killers Of Soldiers In Nembe (photos)
- Police To Use Lie Detector To Select Recruits
- Mr. Chinakwe's Dog, The Sons Of Lucifer And The Seed Of Al Shaitan By Fani-Kayode
- Abubakar Shekau Wounded In NAF?s Sambia Raid
- DEBT RAVAGED STATES: Six Governors Who Are In Serious Trouble (Photo)
- Army And NSCDC Uncover Another Illegal Oil Well In Lagos
- Fight Over Loot Exposes Fake Miracles Syndicate In Enugu
- Why Restructuring Will Never Solve Nigeria?s Problem
- Buhari Ready To Investigate Of Senators, Reps Over N200 billion
- Fulani Housemaid Kidnaps Employer?s Children In Ogun, Turns Them To Beggars In Lagos
- We Have Discovered Another N33trn Stolen Under Jonathan Says APC
- Fayosegate: EFCC Traces Another $5m To Obanikoro And Fayose
- Rio Olympics: Why Dream Team Lost To Germany 2 ? 0 By Ka?oje
- Moghalu To Avengers: IPOB And MASSOB: Embrace Dialogue Now
- Ndigbo, Why Go Back Home When Lagos Offers You More Success?
- Trader Reveals Why He Named His Dog Buhari: I Didn?t Know It Was Offensive
- I Never Received Pension And The Truth About Cars I Received From Dasuki Says Buhari
- You Won?t Believe What Police Recovered From Burglars In Lagos
- 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender Voluntarily
- Boko Haram: Group Slams Journalist Ahmed Salkida For Links With Terrorist Group
- Lagos Police Uncovers illegal Oil Wells Inside People's House, Shuts 12 Buildiings (Photos)
- NHRC Indicts Iwu, Uduaghan, Osunbor, Shagari Of Electoral Malpractice
- Electoral Fraud: Maurice Iwu, 2 Ex-Governors, 105 Others Indicted
- Jonathan Using Avengers To Destabilise Buhari Government Says MEND
- BREAKING: Appeal Court Reserves Judgment On Ikpeazu?s Sack
- Pregnant Teenage Girl Dies After Drinking Otapiapia In Lagos
- Oil Rises To $45 After OPEC President?s Prediction
- Read How Suspected Car thief Consults His Pastor For Prayers Before Operations
- Dubai properties: Buratai did no wrong ? Lawyer
- Uche Jombo Opens Up On Her Dating History
- Northern Youths Threaten Action Against Anti-Buhari Campaigners
- FG Dialogue Tears Niger Delta Avengers Apart
- Read What Happened To Married Policeman Who Cheated With Married NSCDC Lover
- Appeal Court Dismisses Faleke?s Appeal Against Yahaya Bello
- Woman Suffering From Economic Depression Found Dead In Well
- Jibrin Claims: Dogara Bribing Members With $25,000,
- Patoranking Reportedly Denied Entry Into Uganda
- Seems Shekau Is Finally Dead, He Will Forever Be In Hell Says Nigerians
- Father Mbaka Tells Buhari: I Can Not Keep Quiet, There's Poverty Everywhere