Tragedy struck on Wednesday [Sept. 26] when a passenger train crushed a middle-aged woman at Oshodi in Lagos. The woman according to eyewitness was trying to avoid a puddle of water beside the rail tracks when the incident happened at about 7:15 a.m.
"The woman was trying to avoid muddy water along the tracks when the Ijoko-Apapa passenger’s train crushed her to death.
“The woman instead of jumping into the muddy water was trying to avoid it and the fast moving train dragged her under”. “It was like a magic. It was like a movie. The train dragged her underneath and it was so fast for comprehension”.
“In fact, her blood splintered on some passers-by who were also waiting patiently along the tracks for the fast moving train to pass before moving”.
Worst still, the train did not stop but dragged her body for about one kilometer thereby mutilating the body".
Many of the passers-by were seen wailing on seeing the mutilated body of the woman. Also on Sept. 20, a woman and her child were crushed to death while trying to cross the rail tracks at Oshodi.
“I think it is time the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) management construct a barricade along the busy train tracks to avoid such occurrences”.
“This is not the first time this kind of accident is happening, it has become an everyday accident”, Mrs Ronke Adelagun, a passenger said”.
Ademuyiwa Adekanbi, the Lagos District Public Relations Officer of the Railways, described the incident as unfortunate. Adekanbi said that corporation had embarked on series of campaigns against indiscriminate crossings of train tracks.
Latest Nigeria News
- Budget Padding Scandalous, Rubbishes Buhari?s Anti-Graft Crusade Says Afenifere
- 35 FRSC Crushed To Death By Drivers, 1 Loses Manhood
- Man Stoned And Burnt To Death For Stealing 3 Month Old Baby
- Stephen Keshi?s Burial Rites Commence Today
- Dogara Fights Back : Jibrin Smuggled Fake Projects Into The Budget
- Panic In Owerri Over Bombing Threat, Security Beefed Up
- I Have Not Been Paid For 5 Months Says Siasia
- Nnamdi Kanu: Biafra Restoration Not Personal Decision But Call From God Almighty
- Buhari Spits Fire: This Is What I Will Do To Corrupt APC Members
- NSCDC Rescues 9 Year Old Boy Chained For 2 Weeks Without Food In Celestial Church
- Breaking: Buhari?s Minister Reveals How Much His Government SavesMonthly
- Troops Nab Suspected Boko Haram Terrorists PMS Suppliers
- Nigerian Navy Arrests Niger Delta Avengers? Major Logistics Supplier
- Buhari Says Nigerians Still Love Him? See Fresh Poll Shows PMB?s Real Popularity
- Another Top Supplier To ND Avengers Arrested
- Bishop In Police Net For Allegedly Sponsoring Niger Delta Avengers
- What This Boko Haram Member Was Caught Doing Will Shock You (photos)
- Bola Ige: This Is What President Buhari Told IGP To Do Immediately
- Pilot Tells EFCC: How I Transported Over N1.219bn To Fayose On An Aircraft
- EFCC Interrogates Doyin Okupe Over N162m Illicit Payment
- My Boyfriend Refused To Use Condom: Police Arrests Lovers Fighting Over S3x
- Revelations : I Drove The Bribe Money To Fayose?s Hotel Says Driver
- Fear Of Buhari: Senate Makes Very Crucial Statement
- Reuben Abati: Theresa May, Melaye and the Leader?s Wife
- How Bullion van Driver Delivered N1.2bn To Fayose?s Hotel
- 2 soldiers Killed, 7 injured in Boko Haram ambush
- PENGASSAN, NUPENG call off strike
- IPMAN urges FG To Reopen Investigation Into Alleged N10.9bn Subsidy Fraud
- Pipeline Bombings: Militant Group Announces 2 Week Ceasefire
- IPMAN Urges FG To Reopen Investigation Into Alleged N10.9bn Subsidy Fraud
- Many Feared Dead As Communal Clash Resurfaces In Benue Coomunity
- Student Stabs Landlord To Death, You Wont Believe What He Did Next
- Sen. Ben Murray-Bruce Hangs Out With His Lookalike Son, Cody (Video)
- Eid-el-Fitr: Gov. Ugwuanyi And Ogun Speaker Urge Muslims Faithful To Promote Peace And Unity
- Oduah Has No Female Domestic Staff
- Brent Oil Falls Below $50 As Nigeria Ups Production
- Breaking: Niger Delta Avengers Strike Again, Hit NNPC, Chevron Pipelines
- Alleged Fraud: Read What Happened To Diezani?s Ally In Court
- EFCC Removes Diezani From Money Laundering Trial
- Twitter Suspends Niger Delta Avengers Account