Tragedy struck on Wednesday [Sept. 26] when a passenger train crushed a middle-aged woman at Oshodi in Lagos. The woman according to eyewitness was trying to avoid a puddle of water beside the rail tracks when the incident happened at about 7:15 a.m.
"The woman was trying to avoid muddy water along the tracks when the Ijoko-Apapa passenger’s train crushed her to death.
“The woman instead of jumping into the muddy water was trying to avoid it and the fast moving train dragged her under”. “It was like a magic. It was like a movie. The train dragged her underneath and it was so fast for comprehension”.
“In fact, her blood splintered on some passers-by who were also waiting patiently along the tracks for the fast moving train to pass before moving”.
Worst still, the train did not stop but dragged her body for about one kilometer thereby mutilating the body".
Many of the passers-by were seen wailing on seeing the mutilated body of the woman. Also on Sept. 20, a woman and her child were crushed to death while trying to cross the rail tracks at Oshodi.
“I think it is time the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) management construct a barricade along the busy train tracks to avoid such occurrences”.
“This is not the first time this kind of accident is happening, it has become an everyday accident”, Mrs Ronke Adelagun, a passenger said”.
Ademuyiwa Adekanbi, the Lagos District Public Relations Officer of the Railways, described the incident as unfortunate. Adekanbi said that corporation had embarked on series of campaigns against indiscriminate crossings of train tracks.
Rate this article
Latest Nigeria News
- 6 Guaranteed Politicians Tinubu Would Rely On As APC Crisis Thickens
- Borno State Commissioner Dies In Maiduguri
- 2 New Senators Take Oath Of Office
- Famous American Singer Shares His Touching Experience With A Kenyan Beggar
- Renewed Hostilities: Niger Deltans Say No To Avengers
- Imo Governor Okorocha Gifts Wife With New State Appointment
- I Can?t Predict When Recession Will End Says Finance minister
- NYSC: Corps Member Slumps, Dies After Party With Colleagues
- Properties Worth N1.5bn Traced To Goodluck Jonathan?s Aide
- Buhari Spent 6million On Ear InfectionTtreatment In The UK
- President Buhari Has Lost His Memory Says Fani-Kayode
- Boko Haram Releases New Video, Threaten To Capture Buhari
- Emir Sanusi Buys new N132m Rolls Royce For Sallah
- Dear Avengers, You Are Worse Than Boko Haram, Your Religion Has Condemned You
- Gunmen Abduct Catholic Priest In Delta
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- SAD! Naked Corpses Of Rape Victims Dumped In Ikorodu, Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Prostitution In Nigeria: 3500 Male Sex Workers Discovered In Abuja
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)