A four-month pregnant woman swallowed a toothbrush while using it to scratch an itch at the back of her throat, an Israeli hospital spokeswoman said on Thursday.
Because of her condition, doctors at the Kaplan Hospital in Rehovot, south of Tel Aviv, were unable to X-Ray her to determine where the 25-centimetre-long toothbrush was lying.
Her pregnancy also deterred them from attempting a manual extraction via her throat.
In the end, they had to remove the object while the woman was under general anesthetic.
Doctors kept the toothbrush as a souvenir.
About Article Author
Francisca (Viv) has over 10+ years of writing experience in press releases, feature articles, promotions, copywriting for small businesses and manufacturers in various industries. She brings a wealth of experience and is the "calmer" when these is a storm. She loves to travel and read.View More Articles