like these are scientifically impossible, but residents of the area say
it is true even though some of them confessed that they did not see the
baby clutching the miniature Quran, the holy book of the Muslims. They
were only told about it.
It took efforts for P.M.NEWS reporters to gain access into the one-room apartment of the baby’s parents as a result of the crowd that took over the place.
The mother of the baby, Kabirat Lamidi, a 32-year old hairstylist, said right from the conception of the baby, she had been sick.
She said when the baby refused to come out after 11 months, she went for a scan where it was shown that she had an object in the womb with the baby.
The Ede, Osun State indigene who said she had been married for 10 years, said she was shocked to discover that few seconds after the baby was delivered, she pushed out a Quran.
“I have been hearing about such incidents and I have always insulted people thinking it could never happen. I believe it is a gift from Allah,” she said.
She said as a Muslim, she was not even dedicated and did not know how to pray, expressing surprise that such an incident could happen to her.
The mother of three said she had always given birth in the hospital but that on this day, she went into labour so fast that she could not move.
“My advice to people is that they should henceforth watch their mouth. I didn’t believe before now,” she said.
Saudat Olawuwo, a staff nurse with the Shasha Medical Centre who
assisted with the delivery, said she was called by neighbours when the
woman was in labour.
|•Crowd at 9, Oguntade Street, Shasha, where a baby was said to have been born with Quran|
“By the time I came the day she was in labour, the baby was already coming out. So I assisted her.
“After that, we were expecting the placenta, but the woman began behaving like one about to run mad. I was so confused.
“The woman was shouting that she wanted to push again and all of a sudden, the Quran, wrapped in nylon and stained with blood jumped out.
“Out of confusion, I ran out and called people who came to see. We also called a Muslim cleric around the area who came and prayed for the baby,” she said.
Father of the baby, Luqman Lamidi, said he was in a drinking bar when he was called and told that his wife had delivered a baby with a Quran.
He said he did not believe until he came and saw the Quran covered with blood.
“I arrived home and saw a lot of crowd and could not even enter. In fact, I am surprised that a drunk like me could produce a child that came into this world with a Quran,” he said, adding that he had become a changed person.
Chief Imam of Oguntade, Shasha, Alhai AbdulRafiu Opeloyeru Oyedokun, said he was the one who tore the nylon from the Quran after he was called to the place.
“When I came, people were still doubting if the object was a Quran or not, so I tore the nylon with blood on it publicly and everyone confirmed it.”
As the yet to be named baby boy lay asleep, P.M.NEWS noticed that each time the Quran is placed on his chest, he consistently lifted his hands up and would not drop the hands until the Quran is taken off.
There was a big controversy in May last year following the alleged birth of a baby boy said to be clutching a miniature Holy Quran at birth.
The baby was born at a white garment church in Mushin, Lagos State, Southwest Nigeria.
While some disputed the claim, others said it was possible. A large crowd gathered at 1, Sonde Street, Ijeshatedo, Lagos home of the boy’s parents as news of the birth spread rapidly.
His mother, Mrs. Kikelomo Ilori, 32, a Cosmetologist, told P.M.NEWS that he was born after she had carried the pregnancy for about 10 months.
my baby was delivered holding a Quran in his hand, the nurse said the
Quran should be thrown away. But I insisted my mother must see it before
any action could be taken,” Kikelomo, who is a Christian, further
Corroborating the story, Senior Rev. Victoria Yetunde Dada said during the pregnancy, Kikelomo was always coming to her for prayers and counselling.
“I advised her not to abort the pregnancy because she might die in the process. Again, I told her the foetus was sent by God and will be great,” Apostle Mother Dada told our correspondent.
Reacting, Medical Director of Bodet Hospital,
Ikeja, Lagos, Dr. Bode Tawak said scientifically, it was not possible
for a baby to be born holding a Quran.
“How big is the baby’s hand to hold the Quran? How big is the Quran? How did the Quran get into her mother’s womb? I don’t know how a Quran can get into a womb. But there are things you can’t explain,” Dr. Tawak responded.
He said while the incident cannot be explained medically, in Nigeria many mysterious things happen.
A Kaduna-based medical practitioner, Dr. Munir Yusuf said from a medical point of view, it was not possible, but added that depending on the size of the Quran, it was possible metaphysically.
He explained that if the Quran is small enough to pass through the diameter of the vagina, with the child, it is possible.
In the same vein, a herbal medicine practitioner, Chief Dr. Bola Adegunloye believes nothing is impossible, but said too much importance must not be placed on the incident.
Latest Nigeria News
- Pastor Enoch Adeboye Finally Speaks On Slain Abuja Preacher
- See What Man Did To His Teenage Daughter After Catching Her In Bed With Lover (video)
- July 29, 1966: 7 Things You Should Know About The Second Military Coup in Nigeria
- Budget Padding Scandalous, Rubbishes Buhari?s Anti-Graft Crusade Says Afenifere
- 35 FRSC Crushed To Death By Drivers, 1 Loses Manhood
- Man Stoned And Burnt To Death For Stealing 3 Month Old Baby
- Stephen Keshi?s Burial Rites Commence Today
- Dogara Fights Back : Jibrin Smuggled Fake Projects Into The Budget
- Panic In Owerri Over Bombing Threat, Security Beefed Up
- I Have Not Been Paid For 5 Months Says Siasia
- Nnamdi Kanu: Biafra Restoration Not Personal Decision But Call From God Almighty
- Buhari Spits Fire: This Is What I Will Do To Corrupt APC Members
- NSCDC Rescues 9 Year Old Boy Chained For 2 Weeks Without Food In Celestial Church
- Breaking: Buhari?s Minister Reveals How Much His Government SavesMonthly
- Troops Nab Suspected Boko Haram Terrorists PMS Suppliers
- Nigerian Navy Arrests Niger Delta Avengers? Major Logistics Supplier
- Buhari Says Nigerians Still Love Him? See Fresh Poll Shows PMB?s Real Popularity
- Another Top Supplier To ND Avengers Arrested
- Bishop In Police Net For Allegedly Sponsoring Niger Delta Avengers
- What This Boko Haram Member Was Caught Doing Will Shock You (photos)
- Bola Ige: This Is What President Buhari Told IGP To Do Immediately
- Pilot Tells EFCC: How I Transported Over N1.219bn To Fayose On An Aircraft
- EFCC Interrogates Doyin Okupe Over N162m Illicit Payment
- My Boyfriend Refused To Use Condom: Police Arrests Lovers Fighting Over S3x
- Revelations : I Drove The Bribe Money To Fayose?s Hotel Says Driver
- Fear Of Buhari: Senate Makes Very Crucial Statement
- Reuben Abati: Theresa May, Melaye and the Leader?s Wife
- How Bullion van Driver Delivered N1.2bn To Fayose?s Hotel
- 2 soldiers Killed, 7 injured in Boko Haram ambush
- PENGASSAN, NUPENG call off strike
- IPMAN urges FG To Reopen Investigation Into Alleged N10.9bn Subsidy Fraud
- Pipeline Bombings: Militant Group Announces 2 Week Ceasefire
- IPMAN Urges FG To Reopen Investigation Into Alleged N10.9bn Subsidy Fraud
- Many Feared Dead As Communal Clash Resurfaces In Benue Coomunity
- Student Stabs Landlord To Death, You Wont Believe What He Did Next
- Sen. Ben Murray-Bruce Hangs Out With His Lookalike Son, Cody (Video)
- Eid-el-Fitr: Gov. Ugwuanyi And Ogun Speaker Urge Muslims Faithful To Promote Peace And Unity
- Oduah Has No Female Domestic Staff
- Brent Oil Falls Below $50 As Nigeria Ups Production
- Breaking: Niger Delta Avengers Strike Again, Hit NNPC, Chevron Pipelines