The Federal Housing Authority will soon commence rehabilitation work on Festac Town, Lagos.
The Managing Director, FHA, Mr. Terver Gemade, disclosed this when he featured at the Forum of the News Agency of Nigeria on Sunday in Abuja.
He said, “It is normal that when you have facilities that are aged, definitely they will crumble. And that is why we have crumbled infrastructure, particularly in our estate like FESTAC.
“The past glory is gone but we have not forgotten about it. We are still making frantic efforts to see how we can get back into FESTAC with rehabilitation.’’
The managing director added that the authority had already begun rehabilitating the water system in Festac Town through partnership.
He disclosed that FHA was already negotiating with some other people to see how it could revamp the broken down sewerage system in the town.
“The road network of course is also dilapidated, but we are also making plans to get back into FESTAC with rehabilitating roads,” the managing director added.
He further said that the FHA would not abandon any of its estate nationwide, adding that plans to revamp them were underway.
“Of course, the planning situation is always difficult but by the time you finish your planning, you are on track; then you can rapidly go into production,” he said.
Gemade gave the assurance that FHA would live up to its responsibility of maintaining infrastructure in its estates as they constituted its only source of revenue.
According to him, the authority, through its quality control group, has improved tremendously on the quality of the buildings in its estates.
He said that the group was saddled with the responsibility of supervising the construction of FHA’s houses, adding that that was the reason no building had collapsed in any of its estates.
“Our buildings are comparable with any building around the world, and our quality surpasses that of private developers,” Gemade said.
The managing director explained that it was the responsibility of local authorities to provide primary infrastructure in estates, and that the FHA only provided secondary infrastructure.
Latest Nigeria News
- Electoral Offences: Why Maurice Iwu, 130 Others Must Be Punished Says NHRC Report
- Avengers To Stop Destruction Of Oil Assets Should FG Meet These 6 Conditions
- Many Feared Dead As Fulani Herdsmen Attack Another Enugu Community
- Bishop Decries Increasing Insecurity In Kaduna
- CAN Calls Emergency Meeting Over Zamfara And Kaduna Killings
- Breaking New: Two Killed As Army Arrests Killers Of Soldiers In Nembe (photos)
- Police To Use Lie Detector To Select Recruits
- Mr. Chinakwe's Dog, The Sons Of Lucifer And The Seed Of Al Shaitan By Fani-Kayode
- Abubakar Shekau Wounded In NAF?s Sambia Raid
- DEBT RAVAGED STATES: Six Governors Who Are In Serious Trouble (Photo)
- Army And NSCDC Uncover Another Illegal Oil Well In Lagos
- Fight Over Loot Exposes Fake Miracles Syndicate In Enugu
- Why Restructuring Will Never Solve Nigeria?s Problem
- Buhari Ready To Investigate Of Senators, Reps Over N200 billion
- Fulani Housemaid Kidnaps Employer?s Children In Ogun, Turns Them To Beggars In Lagos
- We Have Discovered Another N33trn Stolen Under Jonathan Says APC
- Fayosegate: EFCC Traces Another $5m To Obanikoro And Fayose
- Rio Olympics: Why Dream Team Lost To Germany 2 ? 0 By Ka?oje
- Moghalu To Avengers: IPOB And MASSOB: Embrace Dialogue Now
- Ndigbo, Why Go Back Home When Lagos Offers You More Success?
- Trader Reveals Why He Named His Dog Buhari: I Didn?t Know It Was Offensive
- I Never Received Pension And The Truth About Cars I Received From Dasuki Says Buhari
- You Won?t Believe What Police Recovered From Burglars In Lagos
- 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender Voluntarily
- Boko Haram: Group Slams Journalist Ahmed Salkida For Links With Terrorist Group
- Lagos Police Uncovers illegal Oil Wells Inside People's House, Shuts 12 Buildiings (Photos)
- NHRC Indicts Iwu, Uduaghan, Osunbor, Shagari Of Electoral Malpractice
- Electoral Fraud: Maurice Iwu, 2 Ex-Governors, 105 Others Indicted
- Jonathan Using Avengers To Destabilise Buhari Government Says MEND
- BREAKING: Appeal Court Reserves Judgment On Ikpeazu?s Sack
- Pregnant Teenage Girl Dies After Drinking Otapiapia In Lagos
- Oil Rises To $45 After OPEC President?s Prediction
- Read How Suspected Car thief Consults His Pastor For Prayers Before Operations
- Dubai properties: Buratai did no wrong ? Lawyer
- Uche Jombo Opens Up On Her Dating History
- Northern Youths Threaten Action Against Anti-Buhari Campaigners
- FG Dialogue Tears Niger Delta Avengers Apart
- Read What Happened To Married Policeman Who Cheated With Married NSCDC Lover
- Appeal Court Dismisses Faleke?s Appeal Against Yahaya Bello
- Woman Suffering From Economic Depression Found Dead In Well