Rangers captain Steven Davis admits the club's financial problems have had an impact on the pitch.
GettyImagesRangers' Steven Davis trudges off after his side suffered a defeat to Dundee Utd
Ally McCoist's men have lost three out of four matches since going into administration last month.
But the Northern Ireland midfielder knows an Old Firm derby is the perfect opportunity to cheer up the fans amid the most turbulent period in the club's 140-year history.
SPL leaders Celtic visit Ibrox on Sunday as favourites to come out on top but Davis is convinced Rangers can put their troubles behind them.
He told the club's official website: "There's no doubt everything which has been happening off the pitch has affected us mentally on it.
"You've maybe seen that at times but we just need to try to get back to winning ways and this is a good game for us to try to do that in.
"There is going to be a good atmosphere at Ibrox and the match is an opportunity for us to beat our nearest rivals so we'll be giving it our all to get a good result.
"There's such a fine line in these fixtures but we know we can beat Celtic. We'll be at home and we'll be doing our best to come out on top.''
Davis has worn the armband for most of the season and assumed the role of club captain when David Weir left Ibrox in January.
Weeks later the club were put into administration and Davis had to take a lead role in negotiations that saw players take wage cuts of up to 75% in order to prevent widespread redundancies among the squad and general workforce.
"Everything just seemed to go wrong for the club after David Weir left and I replaced him as captain so I'm not sure what that says,'' the 27-year-old said.
"It has been a real learning experience and I've obviously felt the responsibility as captain to try to guide some of the younger players through it all.
"The senior boys have been a big help in terms of the negotiating we've had to do with the administrators but it has been a difficult period.
"When we look back on it, hopefully there are positives we can draw from the experience because there's a real togetherness in our squad.
"At the moment we're just focused on getting the right results and hopefully this weekend we can put a smile on the fans' faces again because they have been great to us."
Latest Nigeria News
- Ondo APC Secretariat Now A Shrine, See What Members Did (photos)
- How Adams Oshiomole Wasted Edo?s N1.4 Trillion ? PDP
- Electoral Offences: Why Maurice Iwu, 130 Others Must Be Punished Says NHRC Report
- Avengers To Stop Destruction Of Oil Assets Should FG Meet These 6 Conditions
- Many Feared Dead As Fulani Herdsmen Attack Another Enugu Community
- Bishop Decries Increasing Insecurity In Kaduna
- CAN Calls Emergency Meeting Over Zamfara And Kaduna Killings
- Breaking New: Two Killed As Army Arrests Killers Of Soldiers In Nembe (photos)
- Police To Use Lie Detector To Select Recruits
- Mr. Chinakwe's Dog, The Sons Of Lucifer And The Seed Of Al Shaitan By Fani-Kayode
- Abubakar Shekau Wounded In NAF?s Sambia Raid
- DEBT RAVAGED STATES: Six Governors Who Are In Serious Trouble (Photo)
- Army And NSCDC Uncover Another Illegal Oil Well In Lagos
- Fight Over Loot Exposes Fake Miracles Syndicate In Enugu
- Why Restructuring Will Never Solve Nigeria?s Problem
- Buhari Ready To Investigate Of Senators, Reps Over N200 billion
- Fulani Housemaid Kidnaps Employer?s Children In Ogun, Turns Them To Beggars In Lagos
- We Have Discovered Another N33trn Stolen Under Jonathan Says APC
- Fayosegate: EFCC Traces Another $5m To Obanikoro And Fayose
- Rio Olympics: Why Dream Team Lost To Germany 2 ? 0 By Ka?oje
- Moghalu To Avengers: IPOB And MASSOB: Embrace Dialogue Now
- Ndigbo, Why Go Back Home When Lagos Offers You More Success?
- Trader Reveals Why He Named His Dog Buhari: I Didn?t Know It Was Offensive
- I Never Received Pension And The Truth About Cars I Received From Dasuki Says Buhari
- You Won?t Believe What Police Recovered From Burglars In Lagos
- 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender Voluntarily
- Boko Haram: Group Slams Journalist Ahmed Salkida For Links With Terrorist Group
- Lagos Police Uncovers illegal Oil Wells Inside People's House, Shuts 12 Buildiings (Photos)
- NHRC Indicts Iwu, Uduaghan, Osunbor, Shagari Of Electoral Malpractice
- Electoral Fraud: Maurice Iwu, 2 Ex-Governors, 105 Others Indicted
- Jonathan Using Avengers To Destabilise Buhari Government Says MEND
- BREAKING: Appeal Court Reserves Judgment On Ikpeazu?s Sack
- Pregnant Teenage Girl Dies After Drinking Otapiapia In Lagos
- Oil Rises To $45 After OPEC President?s Prediction
- Read How Suspected Car thief Consults His Pastor For Prayers Before Operations
- Dubai properties: Buratai did no wrong ? Lawyer
- Uche Jombo Opens Up On Her Dating History
- Northern Youths Threaten Action Against Anti-Buhari Campaigners
- FG Dialogue Tears Niger Delta Avengers Apart
- Read What Happened To Married Policeman Who Cheated With Married NSCDC Lover