Rangers captain Steven Davis admits the club's financial problems have had an impact on the pitch.
GettyImagesRangers' Steven Davis trudges off after his side suffered a defeat to Dundee Utd
Ally McCoist's men have lost three out of four matches since going into administration last month.
But the Northern Ireland midfielder knows an Old Firm derby is the perfect opportunity to cheer up the fans amid the most turbulent period in the club's 140-year history.
SPL leaders Celtic visit Ibrox on Sunday as favourites to come out on top but Davis is convinced Rangers can put their troubles behind them.
He told the club's official website: "There's no doubt everything which has been happening off the pitch has affected us mentally on it.
"You've maybe seen that at times but we just need to try to get back to winning ways and this is a good game for us to try to do that in.
"There is going to be a good atmosphere at Ibrox and the match is an opportunity for us to beat our nearest rivals so we'll be giving it our all to get a good result.
"There's such a fine line in these fixtures but we know we can beat Celtic. We'll be at home and we'll be doing our best to come out on top.''
Davis has worn the armband for most of the season and assumed the role of club captain when David Weir left Ibrox in January.
Weeks later the club were put into administration and Davis had to take a lead role in negotiations that saw players take wage cuts of up to 75% in order to prevent widespread redundancies among the squad and general workforce.
"Everything just seemed to go wrong for the club after David Weir left and I replaced him as captain so I'm not sure what that says,'' the 27-year-old said.
"It has been a real learning experience and I've obviously felt the responsibility as captain to try to guide some of the younger players through it all.
"The senior boys have been a big help in terms of the negotiating we've had to do with the administrators but it has been a difficult period.
"When we look back on it, hopefully there are positives we can draw from the experience because there's a real togetherness in our squad.
"At the moment we're just focused on getting the right results and hopefully this weekend we can put a smile on the fans' faces again because they have been great to us."
Rate this article
Latest Nigeria News
- 6 Guaranteed Politicians Tinubu Would Rely On As APC Crisis Thickens
- Borno State Commissioner Dies In Maiduguri
- 2 New Senators Take Oath Of Office
- Famous American Singer Shares His Touching Experience With A Kenyan Beggar
- Renewed Hostilities: Niger Deltans Say No To Avengers
- Imo Governor Okorocha Gifts Wife With New State Appointment
- I Can?t Predict When Recession Will End Says Finance minister
- NYSC: Corps Member Slumps, Dies After Party With Colleagues
- Properties Worth N1.5bn Traced To Goodluck Jonathan?s Aide
- Buhari Spent 6million On Ear InfectionTtreatment In The UK
- President Buhari Has Lost His Memory Says Fani-Kayode
- Boko Haram Releases New Video, Threaten To Capture Buhari
- Emir Sanusi Buys new N132m Rolls Royce For Sallah
- Dear Avengers, You Are Worse Than Boko Haram, Your Religion Has Condemned You
- Gunmen Abduct Catholic Priest In Delta
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- SAD! Naked Corpses Of Rape Victims Dumped In Ikorodu, Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Prostitution In Nigeria: 3500 Male Sex Workers Discovered In Abuja
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)