Birmingham moved into the npower Championship play-off places despite being held to a 1-1 draw by promotion rivals Cardiff at St Andrew's.
Blues, who were poor in the first half, took the lead through Erik Huseklepp's second goal for the club - a neat close-range finish - shortly after Marlon King had seen a penalty saved by David Marshall.
But Cardiff levelled with a goal from nothing as Mark Hudson fired in a cross from Peter Whittingham and Blues could not find a winner.
Birmingham boss Chris Hughton made four changes to his line-up, with Jordon Mutch, Wade Elliott, Huseklepp and Pablo Ibanez coming in.
The visitors named an unchanged side following their 2-2 draw at home to Coventry in midweek.
Cardiff started brightly but Joe Mason screwed a shot horribly wide while defender Hudson cleared the crossbar with a header.
Lifelong Birmingham fan Ben Turner thought he had opened the scoring on the quarter-hour when he found space in the box and tried to bend the ball around Boaz Myhill but his shot went inches wide.
A fluid counter-attack from Blues resulted in a corner which was not dealt with by Cardiff and when the ball fell to Guirane N'Daw he let fly from 30 yards but his shot was comfortably gathered by Marshall.
The Bluebirds were dominating as half-time approached and the lively Mason was close to converting a low cross from Don Cowie before the same player flashed a shot past the left post.
Birmingham had failed to impress in the first half but looked much better at the start of the second and they were handed a great chance to break the deadlock.
Chris Burke played the ball through to Mutch who was fouled in the area by Cowie. King stepped up to take the resulting penalty but his low effort was turned away by Marshall.
From their next attack, Blues found Huseklepp one-on-one with the keeper but Marshall saved well with his legs.
The opening goal did not take much longer to arrive, with Norwegian Huseklepp getting the better of Marshall from close range after a superb solo run from Burke on the break.
But, just as Birmingham looked set to go on and secure three points, Cardiff snatched an equaliser out of nothing.
Whittingham's cross fell to defender Hudson and he volleyed the ball into the bottom corner.
Blues were straight back on the attack, though, and only a great save from Marshall denied Burke as his shot on the turn looked destined for the top corner.
Cardiff responded through substitute Rudy Gestede but his right-foot volley from the edge of the box was straight at Myhill.
Marshall was almost embarrassed by a weak Burke shot which hit a bobble on the pitch and looped up but he clawed the ball away.
The Bluebirds almost stole the points at the death as Gestede came close with a header.
Latest Nigeria News
- Many Feared Dead As Fulani Herdsmen Attack Another Enugu Community
- Bishop Decries Increasing Insecurity In Kaduna
- CAN Calls Emergency Meeting Over Zamfara And Kaduna Killings
- Breaking New: Two Killed As Army Arrests Killers Of Soldiers In Nembe (photos)
- Police To Use Lie Detector To Select Recruits
- Mr. Chinakwe's Dog, The Sons Of Lucifer And The Seed Of Al Shaitan By Fani-Kayode
- Abubakar Shekau Wounded In NAF?s Sambia Raid
- DEBT RAVAGED STATES: Six Governors Who Are In Serious Trouble (Photo)
- Army And NSCDC Uncover Another Illegal Oil Well In Lagos
- Fight Over Loot Exposes Fake Miracles Syndicate In Enugu
- Why Restructuring Will Never Solve Nigeria?s Problem
- Buhari Ready To Investigate Of Senators, Reps Over N200 billion
- Fulani Housemaid Kidnaps Employer?s Children In Ogun, Turns Them To Beggars In Lagos
- We Have Discovered Another N33trn Stolen Under Jonathan Says APC
- Fayosegate: EFCC Traces Another $5m To Obanikoro And Fayose
- Rio Olympics: Why Dream Team Lost To Germany 2 ? 0 By Ka?oje
- Moghalu To Avengers: IPOB And MASSOB: Embrace Dialogue Now
- Ndigbo, Why Go Back Home When Lagos Offers You More Success?
- Trader Reveals Why He Named His Dog Buhari: I Didn?t Know It Was Offensive
- I Never Received Pension And The Truth About Cars I Received From Dasuki Says Buhari
- You Won?t Believe What Police Recovered From Burglars In Lagos
- 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender Voluntarily
- Boko Haram: Group Slams Journalist Ahmed Salkida For Links With Terrorist Group
- Lagos Police Uncovers illegal Oil Wells Inside People's House, Shuts 12 Buildiings (Photos)
- NHRC Indicts Iwu, Uduaghan, Osunbor, Shagari Of Electoral Malpractice
- Electoral Fraud: Maurice Iwu, 2 Ex-Governors, 105 Others Indicted
- Jonathan Using Avengers To Destabilise Buhari Government Says MEND
- BREAKING: Appeal Court Reserves Judgment On Ikpeazu?s Sack
- Pregnant Teenage Girl Dies After Drinking Otapiapia In Lagos
- Oil Rises To $45 After OPEC President?s Prediction
- Read How Suspected Car thief Consults His Pastor For Prayers Before Operations
- Dubai properties: Buratai did no wrong ? Lawyer
- Uche Jombo Opens Up On Her Dating History
- Northern Youths Threaten Action Against Anti-Buhari Campaigners
- FG Dialogue Tears Niger Delta Avengers Apart
- Read What Happened To Married Policeman Who Cheated With Married NSCDC Lover
- Appeal Court Dismisses Faleke?s Appeal Against Yahaya Bello
- Woman Suffering From Economic Depression Found Dead In Well
- Jibrin Claims: Dogara Bribing Members With $25,000,
- Patoranking Reportedly Denied Entry Into Uganda