Birmingham moved into the npower Championship play-off places despite being held to a 1-1 draw by promotion rivals Cardiff at St Andrew's.
Blues, who were poor in the first half, took the lead through Erik Huseklepp's second goal for the club - a neat close-range finish - shortly after Marlon King had seen a penalty saved by David Marshall.
But Cardiff levelled with a goal from nothing as Mark Hudson fired in a cross from Peter Whittingham and Blues could not find a winner.
Birmingham boss Chris Hughton made four changes to his line-up, with Jordon Mutch, Wade Elliott, Huseklepp and Pablo Ibanez coming in.
The visitors named an unchanged side following their 2-2 draw at home to Coventry in midweek.
Cardiff started brightly but Joe Mason screwed a shot horribly wide while defender Hudson cleared the crossbar with a header.
Lifelong Birmingham fan Ben Turner thought he had opened the scoring on the quarter-hour when he found space in the box and tried to bend the ball around Boaz Myhill but his shot went inches wide.
A fluid counter-attack from Blues resulted in a corner which was not dealt with by Cardiff and when the ball fell to Guirane N'Daw he let fly from 30 yards but his shot was comfortably gathered by Marshall.
The Bluebirds were dominating as half-time approached and the lively Mason was close to converting a low cross from Don Cowie before the same player flashed a shot past the left post.
Birmingham had failed to impress in the first half but looked much better at the start of the second and they were handed a great chance to break the deadlock.
Chris Burke played the ball through to Mutch who was fouled in the area by Cowie. King stepped up to take the resulting penalty but his low effort was turned away by Marshall.
From their next attack, Blues found Huseklepp one-on-one with the keeper but Marshall saved well with his legs.
The opening goal did not take much longer to arrive, with Norwegian Huseklepp getting the better of Marshall from close range after a superb solo run from Burke on the break.
But, just as Birmingham looked set to go on and secure three points, Cardiff snatched an equaliser out of nothing.
Whittingham's cross fell to defender Hudson and he volleyed the ball into the bottom corner.
Blues were straight back on the attack, though, and only a great save from Marshall denied Burke as his shot on the turn looked destined for the top corner.
Cardiff responded through substitute Rudy Gestede but his right-foot volley from the edge of the box was straight at Myhill.
Marshall was almost embarrassed by a weak Burke shot which hit a bobble on the pitch and looped up but he clawed the ball away.
The Bluebirds almost stole the points at the death as Gestede came close with a header.
Latest Nigeria News
- NSCDC Rescues 9 Year Old Boy Chained For 2 Weeks Without Food In Celestial Church
- Breaking: Buhari?s Minister Reveals How Much His Government SavesMonthly
- Troops Nab Suspected Boko Haram Terrorists PMS Suppliers
- Nigerian Navy Arrests Niger Delta Avengers? Major Logistics Supplier
- Buhari Says Nigerians Still Love Him? See Fresh Poll Shows PMB?s Real Popularity
- Another Top Supplier To ND Avengers Arrested
- Bishop In Police Net For Allegedly Sponsoring Niger Delta Avengers
- What This Boko Haram Member Was Caught Doing Will Shock You (photos)
- Bola Ige: This Is What President Buhari Told IGP To Do Immediately
- Pilot Tells EFCC: How I Transported Over N1.219bn To Fayose On An Aircraft
- EFCC Interrogates Doyin Okupe Over N162m Illicit Payment
- My Boyfriend Refused To Use Condom: Police Arrests Lovers Fighting Over S3x
- Revelations : I Drove The Bribe Money To Fayose?s Hotel Says Driver
- Fear Of Buhari: Senate Makes Very Crucial Statement
- Reuben Abati: Theresa May, Melaye and the Leader?s Wife
- How Bullion van Driver Delivered N1.2bn To Fayose?s Hotel
- 2 soldiers Killed, 7 injured in Boko Haram ambush
- PENGASSAN, NUPENG call off strike
- IPMAN urges FG To Reopen Investigation Into Alleged N10.9bn Subsidy Fraud
- Pipeline Bombings: Militant Group Announces 2 Week Ceasefire
- IPMAN Urges FG To Reopen Investigation Into Alleged N10.9bn Subsidy Fraud
- Many Feared Dead As Communal Clash Resurfaces In Benue Coomunity
- Student Stabs Landlord To Death, You Wont Believe What He Did Next
- Sen. Ben Murray-Bruce Hangs Out With His Lookalike Son, Cody (Video)
- Eid-el-Fitr: Gov. Ugwuanyi And Ogun Speaker Urge Muslims Faithful To Promote Peace And Unity
- Oduah Has No Female Domestic Staff
- Brent Oil Falls Below $50 As Nigeria Ups Production
- Breaking: Niger Delta Avengers Strike Again, Hit NNPC, Chevron Pipelines
- Alleged Fraud: Read What Happened To Diezani?s Ally In Court
- EFCC Removes Diezani From Money Laundering Trial
- Twitter Suspends Niger Delta Avengers Account
- Niger Delta Avengers Twitter Account Blocked
- Unbelievable: See What Woman Did To 9 Months Old Pregnant Woman (photos)
- Lagosians Beware: You May Go To Jail Today If You Are Caught Doing This
- Ikpeazu begs Court: I Want Appeal Against Ogah Settled At The Speed Of Light
- Yan Najeriya na kukan hauhawar farashin Kalanzir N220
- Buhari zai kaddamar da ayyukan kudu maso kudu?Jigon APC
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic zai koma Kungiyar Manchester United
- Sojoji sun kai hari ga yan?ta?addan dake neman tserewa
- Babban kotun tarayya ta mara ma Ali Modu Sherrif baya