Birmingham moved into the npower Championship play-off places despite being held to a 1-1 draw by promotion rivals Cardiff at St Andrew's.
Blues, who were poor in the first half, took the lead through Erik Huseklepp's second goal for the club - a neat close-range finish - shortly after Marlon King had seen a penalty saved by David Marshall.
But Cardiff levelled with a goal from nothing as Mark Hudson fired in a cross from Peter Whittingham and Blues could not find a winner.
Birmingham boss Chris Hughton made four changes to his line-up, with Jordon Mutch, Wade Elliott, Huseklepp and Pablo Ibanez coming in.
The visitors named an unchanged side following their 2-2 draw at home to Coventry in midweek.
Cardiff started brightly but Joe Mason screwed a shot horribly wide while defender Hudson cleared the crossbar with a header.
Lifelong Birmingham fan Ben Turner thought he had opened the scoring on the quarter-hour when he found space in the box and tried to bend the ball around Boaz Myhill but his shot went inches wide.
A fluid counter-attack from Blues resulted in a corner which was not dealt with by Cardiff and when the ball fell to Guirane N'Daw he let fly from 30 yards but his shot was comfortably gathered by Marshall.
The Bluebirds were dominating as half-time approached and the lively Mason was close to converting a low cross from Don Cowie before the same player flashed a shot past the left post.
Birmingham had failed to impress in the first half but looked much better at the start of the second and they were handed a great chance to break the deadlock.
Chris Burke played the ball through to Mutch who was fouled in the area by Cowie. King stepped up to take the resulting penalty but his low effort was turned away by Marshall.
From their next attack, Blues found Huseklepp one-on-one with the keeper but Marshall saved well with his legs.
The opening goal did not take much longer to arrive, with Norwegian Huseklepp getting the better of Marshall from close range after a superb solo run from Burke on the break.
But, just as Birmingham looked set to go on and secure three points, Cardiff snatched an equaliser out of nothing.
Whittingham's cross fell to defender Hudson and he volleyed the ball into the bottom corner.
Blues were straight back on the attack, though, and only a great save from Marshall denied Burke as his shot on the turn looked destined for the top corner.
Cardiff responded through substitute Rudy Gestede but his right-foot volley from the edge of the box was straight at Myhill.
Marshall was almost embarrassed by a weak Burke shot which hit a bobble on the pitch and looped up but he clawed the ball away.
The Bluebirds almost stole the points at the death as Gestede came close with a header.
Rate this article
Latest Nigeria News
- 6 Guaranteed Politicians Tinubu Would Rely On As APC Crisis Thickens
- Borno State Commissioner Dies In Maiduguri
- 2 New Senators Take Oath Of Office
- Famous American Singer Shares His Touching Experience With A Kenyan Beggar
- Renewed Hostilities: Niger Deltans Say No To Avengers
- Imo Governor Okorocha Gifts Wife With New State Appointment
- I Can?t Predict When Recession Will End Says Finance minister
- NYSC: Corps Member Slumps, Dies After Party With Colleagues
- Properties Worth N1.5bn Traced To Goodluck Jonathan?s Aide
- Buhari Spent 6million On Ear InfectionTtreatment In The UK
- President Buhari Has Lost His Memory Says Fani-Kayode
- Boko Haram Releases New Video, Threaten To Capture Buhari
- Emir Sanusi Buys new N132m Rolls Royce For Sallah
- Dear Avengers, You Are Worse Than Boko Haram, Your Religion Has Condemned You
- Gunmen Abduct Catholic Priest In Delta
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- SAD! Naked Corpses Of Rape Victims Dumped In Ikorodu, Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Prostitution In Nigeria: 3500 Male Sex Workers Discovered In Abuja
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)