Everton manager David Moyes has warned clubs eyeing a January bid for his star man Marouane Fellaini that they will need to dig deep to prize the in-form Belgian midfielder away from Goodison Park, but he has not ruled out cashing in on his latest talisman.
GettyImagesDavid Moyes concedes that Marouane Fellaini may want to leave Everton, but it will only be at the right price
• Moyes wants European football
• Blog: Comeback kings
Fellaini turned in another sparkling display as Everton maintained their push for a top four finish with a 2-1 win against Sunderland on Saturday and Moyes expects some of the biggest clubs in the game to come calling for his signature sooner rather than later.
Chelsea and Arsenal have been heavily linked with moves for Fellaini in recent days, but instead of rejecting the notion of selling the 24-year-old, Moyes has done his bit to bolster the price tag by claiming a king's ransom would needed to be placed on the table before his club would consider doing business.
"Everyone knows where Felli is, they know where to come and watch him and they also that it will be a big price if they are interested," Moyes said. "I'm not in the mood to keep the fight going all the time because I've lost a few players now, but the ones we've lost, we have got good money for.
"We sold Lescott, we sold Arteta and we all felt really down when we lost those players, but we've had to pick ourselves up and go and find other ones. The club will always be bigger than any player, any manager, and the players we've brought in are showing that."
Moyes' apparent willingness to contemplate the possible transfer of Fellaini may surprise some Everton fans, but he was quick to justify his stance.
"I was dead against losing any player at one stage and still am," he said. "Don't think I'm saying people can come and just take my players because that's not what I'm saying, but I've a bit more experience, and a bit more perspective. I realise that if I have top players and can't give them trophies, cup finals, European football, I might have to accept that's what they're thinking.
"I hope Felli knows what I think of him and more than anything, I know he'd love to take Everton into the Champions League, which is what we are trying and achieve this season."
Fellaini's future at Everton has been under a cloud since he was quoted last September suggesting he had achieved all he could at the Merseyside club and may look for a move away in the near future.
Latest Nigeria News
- Bishop Decries Increasing Insecurity In Kaduna
- CAN Calls Emergency Meeting Over Zamfara And Kaduna Killings
- Breaking New: Two Killed As Army Arrests Killers Of Soldiers In Nembe (photos)
- Police To Use Lie Detector To Select Recruits
- Mr. Chinakwe's Dog, The Sons Of Lucifer And The Seed Of Al Shaitan By Fani-Kayode
- Abubakar Shekau Wounded In NAF?s Sambia Raid
- DEBT RAVAGED STATES: Six Governors Who Are In Serious Trouble (Photo)
- Army And NSCDC Uncover Another Illegal Oil Well In Lagos
- Fight Over Loot Exposes Fake Miracles Syndicate In Enugu
- Why Restructuring Will Never Solve Nigeria?s Problem
- Buhari Ready To Investigate Of Senators, Reps Over N200 billion
- Fulani Housemaid Kidnaps Employer?s Children In Ogun, Turns Them To Beggars In Lagos
- We Have Discovered Another N33trn Stolen Under Jonathan Says APC
- Fayosegate: EFCC Traces Another $5m To Obanikoro And Fayose
- Rio Olympics: Why Dream Team Lost To Germany 2 ? 0 By Ka?oje
- Moghalu To Avengers: IPOB And MASSOB: Embrace Dialogue Now
- Ndigbo, Why Go Back Home When Lagos Offers You More Success?
- Trader Reveals Why He Named His Dog Buhari: I Didn?t Know It Was Offensive
- I Never Received Pension And The Truth About Cars I Received From Dasuki Says Buhari
- You Won?t Believe What Police Recovered From Burglars In Lagos
- 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender Voluntarily
- Boko Haram: Group Slams Journalist Ahmed Salkida For Links With Terrorist Group
- Lagos Police Uncovers illegal Oil Wells Inside People's House, Shuts 12 Buildiings (Photos)
- NHRC Indicts Iwu, Uduaghan, Osunbor, Shagari Of Electoral Malpractice
- Electoral Fraud: Maurice Iwu, 2 Ex-Governors, 105 Others Indicted
- Jonathan Using Avengers To Destabilise Buhari Government Says MEND
- BREAKING: Appeal Court Reserves Judgment On Ikpeazu?s Sack
- Pregnant Teenage Girl Dies After Drinking Otapiapia In Lagos
- Oil Rises To $45 After OPEC President?s Prediction
- Read How Suspected Car thief Consults His Pastor For Prayers Before Operations
- Dubai properties: Buratai did no wrong ? Lawyer
- Uche Jombo Opens Up On Her Dating History
- Northern Youths Threaten Action Against Anti-Buhari Campaigners
- FG Dialogue Tears Niger Delta Avengers Apart
- Read What Happened To Married Policeman Who Cheated With Married NSCDC Lover
- Appeal Court Dismisses Faleke?s Appeal Against Yahaya Bello
- Woman Suffering From Economic Depression Found Dead In Well
- Jibrin Claims: Dogara Bribing Members With $25,000,
- Patoranking Reportedly Denied Entry Into Uganda
- Seems Shekau Is Finally Dead, He Will Forever Be In Hell Says Nigerians