Everton manager David Moyes has warned clubs eyeing a January bid for his star man Marouane Fellaini that they will need to dig deep to prize the in-form Belgian midfielder away from Goodison Park, but he has not ruled out cashing in on his latest talisman.
GettyImagesDavid Moyes concedes that Marouane Fellaini may want to leave Everton, but it will only be at the right price
• Moyes wants European football
• Blog: Comeback kings
Fellaini turned in another sparkling display as Everton maintained their push for a top four finish with a 2-1 win against Sunderland on Saturday and Moyes expects some of the biggest clubs in the game to come calling for his signature sooner rather than later.
Chelsea and Arsenal have been heavily linked with moves for Fellaini in recent days, but instead of rejecting the notion of selling the 24-year-old, Moyes has done his bit to bolster the price tag by claiming a king's ransom would needed to be placed on the table before his club would consider doing business.
"Everyone knows where Felli is, they know where to come and watch him and they also that it will be a big price if they are interested," Moyes said. "I'm not in the mood to keep the fight going all the time because I've lost a few players now, but the ones we've lost, we have got good money for.
"We sold Lescott, we sold Arteta and we all felt really down when we lost those players, but we've had to pick ourselves up and go and find other ones. The club will always be bigger than any player, any manager, and the players we've brought in are showing that."
Moyes' apparent willingness to contemplate the possible transfer of Fellaini may surprise some Everton fans, but he was quick to justify his stance.
"I was dead against losing any player at one stage and still am," he said. "Don't think I'm saying people can come and just take my players because that's not what I'm saying, but I've a bit more experience, and a bit more perspective. I realise that if I have top players and can't give them trophies, cup finals, European football, I might have to accept that's what they're thinking.
"I hope Felli knows what I think of him and more than anything, I know he'd love to take Everton into the Champions League, which is what we are trying and achieve this season."
Fellaini's future at Everton has been under a cloud since he was quoted last September suggesting he had achieved all he could at the Merseyside club and may look for a move away in the near future.
Latest Nigeria News
- Army Releases Arrested Tompolo Associates
- Governor Fayose Blasts President Buhari In New Fierce Attack
- Pastor Enoch Adeboye Finally Speaks On Slain Abuja Preacher
- See What Man Did To His Teenage Daughter After Catching Her In Bed With Lover (video)
- July 29, 1966: 7 Things You Should Know About The Second Military Coup in Nigeria
- Budget Padding Scandalous, Rubbishes Buhari?s Anti-Graft Crusade Says Afenifere
- 35 FRSC Crushed To Death By Drivers, 1 Loses Manhood
- Man Stoned And Burnt To Death For Stealing 3 Month Old Baby
- Stephen Keshi?s Burial Rites Commence Today
- Dogara Fights Back : Jibrin Smuggled Fake Projects Into The Budget
- Panic In Owerri Over Bombing Threat, Security Beefed Up
- I Have Not Been Paid For 5 Months Says Siasia
- Nnamdi Kanu: Biafra Restoration Not Personal Decision But Call From God Almighty
- Buhari Spits Fire: This Is What I Will Do To Corrupt APC Members
- NSCDC Rescues 9 Year Old Boy Chained For 2 Weeks Without Food In Celestial Church
- Breaking: Buhari?s Minister Reveals How Much His Government SavesMonthly
- Troops Nab Suspected Boko Haram Terrorists PMS Suppliers
- Nigerian Navy Arrests Niger Delta Avengers? Major Logistics Supplier
- Buhari Says Nigerians Still Love Him? See Fresh Poll Shows PMB?s Real Popularity
- Another Top Supplier To ND Avengers Arrested
- Bishop In Police Net For Allegedly Sponsoring Niger Delta Avengers
- What This Boko Haram Member Was Caught Doing Will Shock You (photos)
- Bola Ige: This Is What President Buhari Told IGP To Do Immediately
- Pilot Tells EFCC: How I Transported Over N1.219bn To Fayose On An Aircraft
- EFCC Interrogates Doyin Okupe Over N162m Illicit Payment
- My Boyfriend Refused To Use Condom: Police Arrests Lovers Fighting Over S3x
- Revelations : I Drove The Bribe Money To Fayose?s Hotel Says Driver
- Fear Of Buhari: Senate Makes Very Crucial Statement
- Reuben Abati: Theresa May, Melaye and the Leader?s Wife
- How Bullion van Driver Delivered N1.2bn To Fayose?s Hotel
- 2 soldiers Killed, 7 injured in Boko Haram ambush
- PENGASSAN, NUPENG call off strike
- IPMAN urges FG To Reopen Investigation Into Alleged N10.9bn Subsidy Fraud
- Pipeline Bombings: Militant Group Announces 2 Week Ceasefire
- IPMAN Urges FG To Reopen Investigation Into Alleged N10.9bn Subsidy Fraud
- Many Feared Dead As Communal Clash Resurfaces In Benue Coomunity
- Student Stabs Landlord To Death, You Wont Believe What He Did Next
- Sen. Ben Murray-Bruce Hangs Out With His Lookalike Son, Cody (Video)
- Eid-el-Fitr: Gov. Ugwuanyi And Ogun Speaker Urge Muslims Faithful To Promote Peace And Unity
- Oduah Has No Female Domestic Staff