Everton manager David Moyes has warned clubs eyeing a January bid for his star man Marouane Fellaini that they will need to dig deep to prize the in-form Belgian midfielder away from Goodison Park, but he has not ruled out cashing in on his latest talisman.
GettyImagesDavid Moyes concedes that Marouane Fellaini may want to leave Everton, but it will only be at the right price
• Moyes wants European football
• Blog: Comeback kings
Fellaini turned in another sparkling display as Everton maintained their push for a top four finish with a 2-1 win against Sunderland on Saturday and Moyes expects some of the biggest clubs in the game to come calling for his signature sooner rather than later.
Chelsea and Arsenal have been heavily linked with moves for Fellaini in recent days, but instead of rejecting the notion of selling the 24-year-old, Moyes has done his bit to bolster the price tag by claiming a king's ransom would needed to be placed on the table before his club would consider doing business.
"Everyone knows where Felli is, they know where to come and watch him and they also that it will be a big price if they are interested," Moyes said. "I'm not in the mood to keep the fight going all the time because I've lost a few players now, but the ones we've lost, we have got good money for.
"We sold Lescott, we sold Arteta and we all felt really down when we lost those players, but we've had to pick ourselves up and go and find other ones. The club will always be bigger than any player, any manager, and the players we've brought in are showing that."
Moyes' apparent willingness to contemplate the possible transfer of Fellaini may surprise some Everton fans, but he was quick to justify his stance.
"I was dead against losing any player at one stage and still am," he said. "Don't think I'm saying people can come and just take my players because that's not what I'm saying, but I've a bit more experience, and a bit more perspective. I realise that if I have top players and can't give them trophies, cup finals, European football, I might have to accept that's what they're thinking.
"I hope Felli knows what I think of him and more than anything, I know he'd love to take Everton into the Champions League, which is what we are trying and achieve this season."
Fellaini's future at Everton has been under a cloud since he was quoted last September suggesting he had achieved all he could at the Merseyside club and may look for a move away in the near future.
Rate this article
Latest Nigeria News
- 6 Guaranteed Politicians Tinubu Would Rely On As APC Crisis Thickens
- Borno State Commissioner Dies In Maiduguri
- 2 New Senators Take Oath Of Office
- Famous American Singer Shares His Touching Experience With A Kenyan Beggar
- Renewed Hostilities: Niger Deltans Say No To Avengers
- Imo Governor Okorocha Gifts Wife With New State Appointment
- I Can?t Predict When Recession Will End Says Finance minister
- NYSC: Corps Member Slumps, Dies After Party With Colleagues
- Properties Worth N1.5bn Traced To Goodluck Jonathan?s Aide
- Buhari Spent 6million On Ear InfectionTtreatment In The UK
- President Buhari Has Lost His Memory Says Fani-Kayode
- Boko Haram Releases New Video, Threaten To Capture Buhari
- Emir Sanusi Buys new N132m Rolls Royce For Sallah
- Dear Avengers, You Are Worse Than Boko Haram, Your Religion Has Condemned You
- Gunmen Abduct Catholic Priest In Delta
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- SAD! Naked Corpses Of Rape Victims Dumped In Ikorodu, Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Prostitution In Nigeria: 3500 Male Sex Workers Discovered In Abuja
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)