AL-QAEDA fanatics are plotting a deadly cyanide poison attack on the London Olympics, an investigation has found.
Extremists on a website with links to the terror group have posted detailed instructions on how to cause carnage at this summer’s Games.
The chilling online plot was uncovered as two convicted al-Qaeda terrorists were released early from jail and put back on the streets ahead of the Olympics.
And the specific nature of the “cyanide slaughter” web posts suggest they should be taken seriously by the security services.
An extremist who called himself Abu Hija Ansari said the poison should be mixed with a handcream that would enable it to be absorbed through the skin.
He wrote in Arabic: “Through skin: 1 — cyanide, 2 — skin cream. Mix the ingredients. The skin cream will open the pores in the skin and speed up the absorption and effectiveness of the poison.”
He said plotters should wear “medical gloves” when producing the lethal mixture.
A second extremist said on the website: “It is a good idea and you need to plan well.”
She added chillingly under a logo of the 2012 Games: “It’s time to prepare for the event, as once again they are interfering with innocent Muslims.”
Our investigator used a false identity to access the website which has 17,000 members worldwide and known links to six al—Qaeda terrorists.
He said: “There is a contingent using this site who want to strike at the Games. The explicit nature of what is being said would indicate more than just sabre-rattling but a wish to do real harm to the event and the people at it.”
Tory MP Bernard Jenkin, chairman of the all-party homeland security group, said: “I hope the individuals are identified so action can be taken. Those who believe there is no terrorist threat are living in cloud cuckoo land.”
Britain’s security services are on high alert to counter any attack on the Olympics, which start on July 27 in the main stadium.
They will not be helped by the early release of fanatics Nabeel Hussain and Tariq al-Daour.
Hussain, 28, was given eight years in 2009 for being part of a plot to bomb 19 jets flying from Heathrow to America. Al-Daour, 26, got ten years after he was found guilty of inciting murder online in 2007. They have both been freed to London bail hostels.
Their release boosts to more than 100 the number of convicted terrorists likely to be on Britain’s streets before the Olympics.
Comments are moderated. Please keep them clean and brief.
Headlines Newsview all
Well, It is no more news that Nollywood star Actress, Ini Edo’s marriage to her US-based husband, Philip Ehiagwina, has crashed. While the marriage lasted, there ... Full story
University Student Waited 12 Years To Graduate Because She Refused S*xual Advances From Male Lecturers
When you see some girls sell their body cheaply to lecturers, it's because if they say NO it could cause them more problems. This is ... Full story
Dame Patience Jonathan unraveling, fires an unprovoked salvo at the Almajiris from Northern Nigeria: Yesterday in Calabar, she told a crowd of PDP Supporters to ... Full story
Rate this article
- Video Footage Of 2nd Jos Bomb Blast
- Listen To Leaked Call Of Jim Iyke Cursing Out Emma Agu
- Wale Expected Back In Nigeria Soon To Release A Track With Olamide
In a recent interview with Thisday Style, rapper Lynxx said he founded 5 companies apart from music business. Lynxxx said he’s more than a rapper or ... Full story
Bafana Bafana of South Africa have been chosen as replacement for the Black Stars of Ghana to play the Super Eagles in a friendly on ... Full story
According to Myjoyonline, Ghanaian actress, Nadia Buari, has been delivered of a set f twins in an undisclosed hospital outside the West African country. According to ...
Controversial Nollywood star, Stella Damasus, has made known her wish to achieve what some Nigerians may see as impossible for her to get. The actress, who ...
Last week, Nigeriafilms.com reported that the divorce saga between Pastor Chris Oyakhilome of Christ Embassy and his wife, Anita was getting messier and now, reports ...
Genevieve Magazine threw a party at the Polo Avenue in Lagos on February 26, 2015 to launch its newly designed website and some celebrities graced ...
GOVERNOR IBRAHIM SHEHU SHEMA COMMENDS NIGERIAN FILM CORPORATION ON FILM TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT: PROMISES SUSTAINED PARTNERSHIP AND COLLABORATION Governor Ibrahim Shehu Shema of Katsina State has ...
Nigerian Prophet T.B. Joshua has released a video on YouTube showcasing a side of the cleric unknown to many.T.B. Joshua is regularly in the news ...
Reports making the rounds indicate that the former husband of a top Nigerian actress, Foluke Daramola, Tunde Shobowale, has found love again after about seven ...