Bianca Jagger claims lost ring she told police was worth £160,000 is worth £15,000 'to avoid paying finder his proper reward'
- Platinum, sapphire and diamond ring was found on Salzburg street in 2008
- Jagger claimed in her police report that it was worth £160,000
- Under Austrian law the finder is entitled to five per cent of an item's value
- But Jagger refused to pay the £8,000 and has now had the ring re-valued
By Allan Hall and Daniel Miller
PUBLISHED: 11:12 EST, 30 January 2013 | UPDATED: 20:42 EST, 30 January 2013
Ring the changes: Bianca Jagger claimed in a police report her lost ring was worth £160,000 but now says it is worth only £15,000
Bianca Jagger is facing a court battle after refusing to pay an £8,000 reward to a man who found her ring in the street.
The former wife of Rolling Stones singer Mick Jagger lost the diamond and platinum ring when it fell off her finger when she was in Austria for the Salzburg music festival in 2008.
Reinhard Fingler, who found the ring, claims Miss Jagger, 67, is making a ‘blatant attempt’ to cheat him out of a proper reward.
Under Austrian law he would be entitled to £8,000, 5 per cent of the £160,000 that she claimed in her police report it was worth.
But she now says she made a mistake about the value and is offering £800.
Mr Fingler has begun a legal action to make her pay £8,000. Miss Jagger has a jeweller’s appraisal to present to a court in Salzburg next Tuesday valuing the ring at £15,000.
Fingler picked the platinum, diamond and sapphire sparkler up in the street.
His attorney Alexander Schuberth said: ‘This is outrageous. I find this claim both bizarre and spurious.
‘Where Jagger got the value of the ring as £160,000 seems to be a mystery as she’s never appeared in court for us to be able to ask her.’
Jagger’s claim that she did not know the value of the ring has raised eyebrows in the elite world of high-end jewellery as her daughter Jade is a gem designer.
Ex: Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger And Bianca Jagger Pictured Together On Their Wedding Day In 1971
'It seems beyond belief that she could get the value so wrong. Her daughter makes her living designing and selling jewellery', added the lawyer.
The prestigious Viennese lawfirm of Lansky, Ganzger & partners represents Miss Jagger and did not comment on the alleged lower value of the ring.
Fingler, from Salzburg, initially gave the ring to his daughter thinking it was a trinket, but handed it in eight days later and claimed the reward.
Mick Jagger in full swing at a show in London in 1973 and the couple's daughter, jewellery designer Jade (right)
It has emerged that back in October 2008, after it was found, Miss Jagger offered to give Mr Fingler
€1,000 and transfer €9,000 to Amnesty International, an arrangement he declared to be unacceptable.
Judge Friedrich Gruber at the State Court Salzburg will decide next Tuesday whether Austria has the right to hear the case as Ms Jagger has her main residence in London.
Rate this article
Latest Nigeria News
- 6 Guaranteed Politicians Tinubu Would Rely On As APC Crisis Thickens
- Borno State Commissioner Dies In Maiduguri
- 2 New Senators Take Oath Of Office
- Famous American Singer Shares His Touching Experience With A Kenyan Beggar
- Renewed Hostilities: Niger Deltans Say No To Avengers
- Imo Governor Okorocha Gifts Wife With New State Appointment
- I Can?t Predict When Recession Will End Says Finance minister
- NYSC: Corps Member Slumps, Dies After Party With Colleagues
- Properties Worth N1.5bn Traced To Goodluck Jonathan?s Aide
- Buhari Spent 6million On Ear InfectionTtreatment In The UK
- President Buhari Has Lost His Memory Says Fani-Kayode
- Boko Haram Releases New Video, Threaten To Capture Buhari
- Emir Sanusi Buys new N132m Rolls Royce For Sallah
- Dear Avengers, You Are Worse Than Boko Haram, Your Religion Has Condemned You
- Gunmen Abduct Catholic Priest In Delta
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- SAD! Naked Corpses Of Rape Victims Dumped In Ikorodu, Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Prostitution In Nigeria: 3500 Male Sex Workers Discovered In Abuja
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)