The help came after the family of the late Ranganai Moyo and his two children appealed for help from the public through The Chronicle saying they did not have funds for burial.
Moyo and his two children died on September 18 in an inferno as they were sleeping in a hut.
Moyo's wife suspects foul play and police have said they were investigating the matter.
The three died when Moyo's wife was away at an apostolic sect's shrine.
Moyo was buried in the same coffin with the children, a girl aged three and a boy aged two years.
The family's spokesperson, Mr Thulani Nyathi, yesterday said they finally buried the three on Thursday last week at a private cemetery in Kensington.
"We really appreciate those who assisted us during our difficult time. The department of social welfare in Umguza sourced burial land at Kensington plots while businessman Raj Modi provided transport as well as refreshments for those who attended the burial. We also got assistance with the coffin for the father and the two children who were put in one coffin provided by the family," said Mr Nyathi.
"Since it was just ashes, they were buried in one coffin."
He said the incident had traumatised the family.
"It was a really difficult moment for us. We are now relieved that they have been laid to rest. We also want thank everyone who assisted during out time of darkness. We were not going to be able to put this behind us without assistance," Mr Nyathi said.
He said Moyo's wife Ms Privilege Chikomo received clothing from members of the public after she lost everything in the inferno.
About Article Author