A receipt obtained by THE PUNCH on Tuesday revealed how the Director-General, Securities and Exchange Commission, Ms. Arumah Oteh, allegedly spent the sum of N850,000 at the Transcorp Hilton Hotel, Abuja.
There were, however, discrepancies in the figures on the receipt.
The receipt, which was dated March 24, 2010, was issued at exactly 9.57pm to the SEC boss. The bill was issued by Zuma Grill Restaurant and it contained expenses incurred by Oteh in three distinct total figures.
In the first category, the bill recorded that Oteh was served two Aquafina Large, at the rate of N1,000; one Teem Soda Water, N500; five bottles of Star, N3,000; one 7Up, N500; two Chapman Large, N1,700; three Fresh Crayfish, N13,500; one Classical Snail, N4,500; four Lobster, N18,400; three Trad. Nativ. Poten, N12,000; one Roast Pork Belly, N4,000 four Pan Salmon, N19,200; Food, N71,600; Beverage A, N3,000; and Beverage N4,100.
The total in this category, according to Transcorp, was N78,700 as against a total of N157,000 computed by our correspondent.
The second category had four crème Brulee, N10,000; one Fruit Salad, N1,800; Food N83,400; Beverage A, N3,000 and Beverage N, N4,100. The total due was placed at N90,500 in contrast to N102,300 computed by our correspondent.
The last total revealed that Oteh spent N91,400, which is against N92,300 by our calculations. She was served two Tea Earl Grey at N900; Food, N84,300; Beverage A, N3,000; and Beverage N, N4,100.
A comprehensive total of the three categories as revealed by the hotel showed that the SEC boss spent N260,600. This, however, is against the total computation of N351,600.
Meanwhile, in a letter obtained by THE PUNCH from SEC, the commission refuted that its boss consumed meal worth N850,000 and never submitted such a bill to the SEC.
The letter reads “The bill referred to at the public hearing related to Ms Oteh’s hotel expenses during her stay at the Hilton following her assumption of duty.
“We have reviewed her hotel expenses during her stay, and the highest charge for food was N83,400 on March 24, 2010. This bill was in respect of an official dinner hosted by the SEC with a group of international capital market experts who were visiting Nigeria to provide technical assistance to SEC Nigeria.”
Transcorp invoice breakdown
2 Aquafina Large 1,400.00
1 Teem Soda Water 300.00
5 Star 3,000.00
1 7UP 500.00
2 Chapman Large 1,700.00
3 Fresh Crayfish 13,500.00
1 Classical Snail 4,500.00
4 Lobster 18,000.00
3 Trad Native Poten 12,000.00
1 Roast Pork Belly 4,000.00
4 Pan Salmon 19,200.00
Beverages R 3,000.00
Beverage N 4,100.00
4 Creme Brulee 10,000.00
1 Fruit Salad 1,800.00
Beverage R 3,000.00
Beverage N 4,100.00
Total Due 90,500.00
2 Tea Earl Grey 900.00
Beverage R 3,000.00
Beverage N 4,100.00
Total Due 91,400.00
Room NR 1026
Signature Charge 91,400
About Article Author
Francisca (Viv) has over 10+ years of writing experience in press releases, feature articles, promotions, copywriting for small businesses and manufacturers in various industries. She brings a wealth of experience and is the "calmer" when these is a storm. She loves to travel and read.View More Articles
Latest Nigeria News
- Nigerian British Councillor, Chika Amadi Suspended by Labour Party for Anti-gay Comments...See Details
- Heartbreaking: Woman Spotted Half-N*ked in Public Begging for Help After Losing 4 Kids in Kerosene Explosion
- Drama At A Funeral Ground As Drunken Friends Stop Pastor From Preaching Because Its Against Their Believe
- Horror: 9 Soldiers Currently Feared Dead in Borno As Boko Haram Attacks Oil Workers
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- SAD! Naked Corpses Of Rape Victims Dumped In Ikorodu, Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Prostitution In Nigeria: 3500 Male Sex Workers Discovered In Abuja
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)
- Alarming! Number Of People Boko Haram Has Abducted Since 2012
- Amazing! Ogun State Government To Pay All Medical Bills Of Cancer Patients In the State
- Horrible! Car Rams Into Trailer In Kwara State (Photos)
- Fatal Accident Along Abuja Expressway, Passengers Feared Dead (Photos)
- Caught In The Act! See What A Soldier Did To A Civilian At Oshodi Area Of Lagos (Photos)
- Kuje Bombings: The Day After The Bomb Blast
- Local Community Traditional Deity Tree Kills 3 In Enugu
- Floods Wash Snakes Into Plateau Community
- Sad! Gunmen Kill Bricklayer Working To Pay For Father’s Treatment
- OMG!! Woman Borrows Twins To Defraud Ex-Commissioner
- Shocking!! I Raped 11 Year Old Girl Purely For Money Rituals - Baba Mohammed