Not a few Nigerians were jolted by the news of the murder of a fast rising hip hop artiste, Damola Olaniyan aka Damouche at the gate of the Lagos State University, Ojo on Thursday. Damouche was shot twice in the head, apparently from a high caliber weapon and at close range too.
Though the police have intervened and suspects have been arrested, there are fears that the war might just have started.
Street Journal’s findings revealed that the cause of the shooting was a clash between members of the Black Axe and Buccaneers confraternities.
Some sources on campus also disclosed that members of the Supreme Eiye Confraternity had issues with the other two groups making it difficult for the uninitiated to “know who is killing who”. In what appeared to be a reprisal attack, another undergraduate of the institution who was simply identified as Kabiru was killed late on Sunday around Abeokuta Street in Okokomaiko, bu suspected members of the Buccaneers Confraternity. Some students were later arrested at a party in Ishashi, Okokomaiko.
Street Journal’s findings revealed that more blood may still flow because the supremacy battle between the cult groups has it has its root in the indoctrination members are given in their various groups. As such the supremacy battle may continue for a while. Findings reveal that one of the tenets in the creed of the Neo Black Movement, otherwise known as Black Axe is “forgiveness is a sin”.
In other words, any insult or injustice meted out to the brotherhood or any of its members must be avenged without delay or any option of forgiveness. The Buccaneers on the other hand are known to be firm believers in their “no price, no pay” doctrine. Their simply rule is that whoever comes looking for their trouble must be given trouble in full measure.
A student disclosed to Street Journal that ss it stands now, “the scores currently stand at 1-1 which is not a good way to end a game, everybody is afraid because more attacks will definitely happen and at times, even the innocent can get hurt”.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Nigerian British Councillor, Chika Amadi Suspended by Labour Party for Anti-gay Comments...See Details
- Heartbreaking: Woman Spotted Half-N*ked in Public Begging for Help After Losing 4 Kids in Kerosene Explosion
- Drama At A Funeral Ground As Drunken Friends Stop Pastor From Preaching Because Its Against Their Believe
- Horror: 9 Soldiers Currently Feared Dead in Borno As Boko Haram Attacks Oil Workers
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)
- Alarming! Number Of People Boko Haram Has Abducted Since 2012
- Amazing! Ogun State Government To Pay All Medical Bills Of Cancer Patients In the State
- Horrible! Car Rams Into Trailer In Kwara State (Photos)
- Fatal Accident Along Abuja Expressway, Passengers Feared Dead (Photos)
- Caught In The Act! See What A Soldier Did To A Civilian At Oshodi Area Of Lagos (Photos)
- Kuje Bombings: The Day After The Bomb Blast
- Local Community Traditional Deity Tree Kills 3 In Enugu
- Floods Wash Snakes Into Plateau Community
- Sad! Gunmen Kill Bricklayer Working To Pay For Father’s Treatment
- OMG!! Woman Borrows Twins To Defraud Ex-Commissioner
- Shocking!! I Raped 11 Year Old Girl Purely For Money Rituals - Baba Mohammed
- 54 Commercial S3x Workers And 56 Patronizers Arrested In Calabar Hotel
- La Casera Fires Hundreds Of Workers And Shuts Down Operations