Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, in one of his popular hit songs on religious leaders and their followers the world over, said pastors’ houses are always the best. According to Fela in pidgin English, “pastor’s house na hin dey fine pass.”
But Fela did not reckon with the flashy wives of most Nigerian pastors when he sang that song, perhaps because the phenomenon became pronounced after Fela died in 1997.
A review by P.M.NEWS suggests that these pastors look first, for beauty and brawn before several other considerations of their dream partners. And according to Chris Nwachukwu, a businessman resident in Benin, the Edo state capital, southsouth Nigeria, it shows that apart from having deep faith in God, the pastors also have a very good taste. And that is why most of them go for very beautiful wives.
“Who does not like a good thing? Besides, their wives help them in their ministries and since they know that they have good looking wives as partners, it makes them focus on their calling rather than continue hunting for other women,” he said.
Flashy nigerian pastors’ wives
According to Tunde Opetomi, a resident of Lagos and churchgoer, “beautiful women can be a reward from the Lord. Men like Abraham, Isaac and Jacob were married to beauties and Sarah was still being chased by other men even in her old age. Can you beat that?”
With such beauty and in most cases brawn, pastors’ wives, often referred to as “mummy” by church members, have become celebrities. Here are the profiles of some the wave-making pastors’ wives:
HELEN ORITSEJAFOR: She is the delectable wife of the President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) and General Overseer of the Word of Life Bible Church, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor. She is also the President-General of the Daughters of Sarah Fellowship and Chief Host of “Family tips” on the Daughters of Sarah Kitchen Corner TV programme and “Mama Helen and You”, a regular talk show on ABN Africa.
While supporting her husband in the propagation of the message of the Christian faith, this woman, known for her gorgeous dressing and lifestyle, also runs the Eagle Flight Micro Finance Bank in Warri, Delta state. The mother of three, who got married to the CAN President after the death of his first wife, Stella, once told an interviewer that she could take the bullet for her husband.
ANITA OYAKHILOME: With a skin colour that looks very attractive, this mother of two is nothing but flashy. She is the wife of popular televangelist, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome of the Believers Love World also known as Christ Embassy. Pastor Anita is the Director of the Christ Embassy’s International Office and head of the church branch in the United Kingdom.
Anita, an author of Christian books, also co-publishes Rhapsody of Realities with her husband. A website described her as dealing only in very expensive fashion materials that add to her attractiveness just like her flamboyant husband.
NIKE ADEYEMI: The wife of Pastor Sam Adeyemi of DayStar Christian Centre, Oregun, Lagos and mother of three, has grown into a very successful preacher through her support for her husband’s ministry. She dresses simply but creates that attractive ambience whenever she steps out.
The soft-spoken graduate of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife where she studied Architecture is in her mid-40s and co-heads the church that boasts of thousands of youths currently. Currently, she oversees some specialised programmes centred on women and their challenges in life. Born to the family of Professor Gabriel and Princess Aderonke Ogunmola in Ibadan, Oyo state, Pastor Nike is the founder of the Real Woman Foundation
EVELYN JOSHUA: She is very appealing, yet would hardly portray herself as the wife of one of the most respected prophets in Nigeria and head of the Synagogue Church of All Nations, Prophet TB Joshua. Like her husband, she is very humble, easy-going, ever-smiling but would never be seen to exude that power which many thinks she has.
However, church members say this woman, who is not a publicity freak, remains a fantastic counsellor who would always show her love for the prophet at every given opportunity.
Though her husband is considered one of the richest clerics in Africa, her mature dress sense portrays a woman who is never bothered about the expensive things of life. This may be a major reason she prefers to remain in the shadows supporting her husband whom she says she is lucky to get married to.
BLESSING AGBOLI: She is a nurse by training and the beautiful wife of the General Overseer of Victorious Army Ministries, Rev. Joseph Agboli. Mostly referred to as Mama Blessing, the Akumaji, Delta state-born woman plays a prominent role in the church as a co-pastor.
However, Mama Blessing’s love for jewelry and other such flashy fashion items cannot be rivalled. It is believed that in Nigeria, she is one of the best dressed pastors’ wives.
IFEYINWA ADEFARASIN: A mother of three children, Ifeyinwa, the wife of Pastor Paul Adefarasin of the House On The Rock could be seen as one who believes in dressing to earn respect. With an enviable shape, good skin and a Range Rover with customised number plate, this woman is a lover of fashion and has good dress sense.
IBIDUN IGHODALO: The coming together of Ibidun, a celebrity and one-time winner of the Miss Lux contest, and Pastor Itua Ighodalo actually got the man sacked as a pastor in the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Christ’s Church Parish, Gbagada, Lagos. Unperturbed, Pastor Ighodalo, a chartered accountant, went ahead and married this adorable woman and owner of Elizabeth R, an event planning outfit which has top Nigerians as its clients.
Ibidun also has eyes for fashion and could never be found wanting in that regard.
Funke Felix Adejumo
FUNKE FELIX ADEJUMO: A mother of three, Funke Adejumo is the wife of Bishop Felix Adejumo of the Agape Christian Ministries. She also assists her husband as a pastor in the church focusing more on the female gender. She is the owner of the Grace Orphanage and Children’s Hospital which she established with three children in 2003. Presently, the orphanage has 22 children and 11 full-time staff. She also handles other programmes of the church including the Widow’s Grace Ministry, Grace Old People’s Home, and the Ladies’ School of Finishing Touches. Always moderately dressed, her beauty radiates.
BUKOLA OLADIYUN: This pretty but simple wife of the founder of Christ Living Spring Apostolic Church, Pastor Wole Oladiyun, is also the proprietress of J-Nissi Children School, Ogba and Director of Family Life in the church. This mother of four is also rarely a public figure but is believed to be a major force behind her husband’s success. She is always simply dressed preferring moderate but classy clothes.
ROSEMARY ODUKOYA: The head of the Fountain of Life, Pastor Taiwo Odukoya, got married to this South African beauty, formerly known as Rosemary Simangele Zulu, after the death of his wife, Bimbo Odukoya, in a plane crash.
The former United Kigdom-based music director has continued to maintain a low profile since getting married to the popular pastor. However, the slim woman does not joke with her hair. According to those who know her, she would do anything to keep the long hair radiant.
PASTOR NKOYO RAPU: She is a lawyer, who has assisted her husband, Dr. Tony Rapu, a Senior Pastor and head over the multi-faceted group of ministries comprising This Present House, God Bless Nigeria, The Underground Church and The Waterbrook.
The mother of three focuses on issues concerning women and children as a member, Board of Trustees of Freedom Foundation which her husband heads as the chairman.
Dr. Love Sam Amanga
BISHOP LOVE SAM AMANGA: The mother of five from Kogi state has authored several religious books as well as mentored several bachelors and spinsters.
Since 1980, she has managed children evangelism and established Children Bible Club.
With her husband, Dr. Sam Amanga, she has managed the Foundation Faith Church Worldwide and has been involved in various foreign missions and in the establishment of churches worldwide.
About Article Author
Francisca (Viv) has over 10+ years of writing experience in press releases, feature articles, promotions, copywriting for small businesses and manufacturers in various industries. She brings a wealth of experience and is the "calmer" when these is a storm. She loves to travel and read.View More Articles
Latest Nigeria News
- Nigerian British Councillor, Chika Amadi Suspended by Labour Party for Anti-gay Comments...See Details
- Heartbreaking: Woman Spotted Half-N*ked in Public Begging for Help After Losing 4 Kids in Kerosene Explosion
- Drama At A Funeral Ground As Drunken Friends Stop Pastor From Preaching Because Its Against Their Believe
- Horror: 9 Soldiers Currently Feared Dead in Borno As Boko Haram Attacks Oil Workers
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- SAD! Naked Corpses Of Rape Victims Dumped In Ikorodu, Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Prostitution In Nigeria: 3500 Male Sex Workers Discovered In Abuja
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)
- Alarming! Number Of People Boko Haram Has Abducted Since 2012
- Amazing! Ogun State Government To Pay All Medical Bills Of Cancer Patients In the State
- Horrible! Car Rams Into Trailer In Kwara State (Photos)
- Fatal Accident Along Abuja Expressway, Passengers Feared Dead (Photos)
- Caught In The Act! See What A Soldier Did To A Civilian At Oshodi Area Of Lagos (Photos)
- Kuje Bombings: The Day After The Bomb Blast
- Local Community Traditional Deity Tree Kills 3 In Enugu
- Floods Wash Snakes Into Plateau Community
- Sad! Gunmen Kill Bricklayer Working To Pay For Father’s Treatment
- OMG!! Woman Borrows Twins To Defraud Ex-Commissioner
- Shocking!! I Raped 11 Year Old Girl Purely For Money Rituals - Baba Mohammed