Editor’s note: Justice Ezihuo Chigonum in this open letter reminds former president Goodluck Jonathan to pay him N1,000 and the interest appreciated after 3 years following the causality and stress in the 2014 immigration exercise.
Your excellency, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, former President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. I write you this open letter knowing my letter will not get to you if I post it the conventional way. Sir recall that in 2013, the ministry of interior under the care of Abba Moro, advertised vacancy in some positions in the Nigerian Immigration Services and asked unemployed Nigerian youths to apply with the sum of 1000 naira only. Over 7 million unemployed Nigerians applied for the various positions advertised, Sir, I am one of them.
Almost a year later, we were invited to come and write a screening/fitness test. Mine was in Yakubu Gowon (then Liberation) stadium. Sir, right before me, 3 unemployed Nigerian youths lost their lives including a pregnant woman.
We wrote the test nonetheless (its a pity). Sir, I want to remind you that no body was employed after that recruitment test which we paid 1, 000 naira for, which means nobody got value for the 1, 000 naira paid. Sir, just to inform you, the current President of Nigeria Muhammadu Buhari just employed 200,000 Nigerian youths for the first batch of the N-Power scheme which will employ more 300,000 applicants without a single casualty recorded.
Sir, I almost forgot to inform you the N-power scheme did not collect any fee from applicants meaning it was free. Sir, the main reason why I wrote this open letter is to remind you that you are still owing me 1,000 naira and the interest has appreciated using the MMM formula of 30% interest a month x 3 years. Calculating it, the accrued figure you are owing me according to MMM Formula, if using #1000 x 3years (36 months) = #129,600. Sir, please try to pay me back my money as it will go a very long way in expanding my fish farm. Here are my account details.
Account Name: Justice Chigonum.
Account Number: 2041278488 Bank: UBA (savings)
Sir, kindly pay the calculated amount to the above account. Sir, don’t be too angry with me, I only asked for my money.
Thank you sir and God bless you. Justice Ezihuo Chigonum
The views expressed in this article are the author’s own and do not necessarily represent the editorial policy of NAIJ.com. Your own opinion articles are welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org — drop an email telling us what you want to write about and why. More details in Naij.com’s step-by-step guide for guest contributors. We’re ready to trade your news for our money: submit news and photo reports from your area using our Citizen Journalism App. Contact us if you have any feedback, suggestions, complaints or compliments. We are also available on Facebook and Twitter
About Article Author
He is extremely motivated, organized and disciplined. Nick has have over 6+ years experience with web content management, administrative duties, Excel, Microsoft software, Quick books, Customer Service, as well as email management, internet research and data entry. He is committed to producing top-notch, quality work, which is his driving force.View More Articles
Latest Nigeria News
- Nigerian British Councillor, Chika Amadi Suspended by Labour Party for Anti-gay Comments...See Details
- Heartbreaking: Woman Spotted Half-N*ked in Public Begging for Help After Losing 4 Kids in Kerosene Explosion
- Drama At A Funeral Ground As Drunken Friends Stop Pastor From Preaching Because Its Against Their Believe
- Horror: 9 Soldiers Currently Feared Dead in Borno As Boko Haram Attacks Oil Workers
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- SAD! Naked Corpses Of Rape Victims Dumped In Ikorodu, Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Prostitution In Nigeria: 3500 Male Sex Workers Discovered In Abuja
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)
- Alarming! Number Of People Boko Haram Has Abducted Since 2012
- Amazing! Ogun State Government To Pay All Medical Bills Of Cancer Patients In the State
- Horrible! Car Rams Into Trailer In Kwara State (Photos)
- Fatal Accident Along Abuja Expressway, Passengers Feared Dead (Photos)
- Caught In The Act! See What A Soldier Did To A Civilian At Oshodi Area Of Lagos (Photos)
- Kuje Bombings: The Day After The Bomb Blast
- Local Community Traditional Deity Tree Kills 3 In Enugu
- Floods Wash Snakes Into Plateau Community
- Sad! Gunmen Kill Bricklayer Working To Pay For Father’s Treatment
- OMG!! Woman Borrows Twins To Defraud Ex-Commissioner
- Shocking!! I Raped 11 Year Old Girl Purely For Money Rituals - Baba Mohammed