A token is a small device issued by banks to their customers for generating a unique security code for their online money transfers. A token has to be linked to your account and activated before you can use it. But sometimes people don’t know how to walk through the process of activating their tokens. In this post, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to activate GTBank token. Continue reading to find out this useful information.
Banking has been made easy with the advent of the Internet and mobile banking. However, to secure your account and to confirm your identity, every bank issues a token to their customers.
Guaranty Trust Bank is one of the most patronised banks in Nigeria and they provide their customers with online banking services. A GTBank token is needed for Guaranty Trust Bank online banking. The token has to be linked to your account and activated before you can begin to use it. Failure to do so will lead to the error message “internal server error” coming up on your screen every time you try to use the token.
READ ALSO: GTB Internet banking registration tips
How to activate GTBank token
Your GTBank token becomes active twenty-four hours after it was issued to you.
- To activate your token, visit GTBank Internet banking website. Log in with your username, account number, and your unique password. Remember: You must have been registered for Internet banking.
- Once you are logged in, go to settings and click on the Help menu on your left.
- Enter your token Identification Number without the hyphen (for example 1234718343) in the space provided and then select “Acknowledge” and click “Continue”. The Identification Number is on a white panel at the back of your token.
- An SMS from GTBank will be sent to your registered number acknowledging and thanking you for the completion of the acknowledgment process.
- You can now use your token for online money transfers and another service for which it is required via the GTBank Internet banking platform.
You only need to activate your token once and then you can continue to use it forever for your Guaranty Trust Bank online banking as long as you don’t misplace it. To use your token, you only need to press the button on it to generate a unique code each time you want to complete an online transfer. Keep your token safe.
READ ALSO: How to check GTB account balance on phone[embedded content]
About Article Author