- The attackers struck at about 6.30am when they came through Fori area behind the barracks
- Security men could not quickly stop them as they disappeared into the crowd
- A teenage boy was confirmed dead when the bombs were detonated opposite Giwa Barracks
Reports from Maiduguri says Boko Haram bombers have launched a deadly attack on the capital of Borno state in the early hours of Saturday, November 18.
Vanguard reports that a lone bomber detonated an Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) just opposite gate/entrance of Giwa Military Barracks which is located on the outskirts of the city.
The explosion, Vanguard says, killed a teenage boy.
It quoted chairman of the State Emergency Management Agency Engineer Ahmed Satomi Confirming the incident, saying: ”The incident took place at about 6:30am on Saturday near a business point where some women fries and sales beans cake, Akara, popularly called in Hause Kosai. Sources also said scores were feared injured."
READ ALSO: LIVE UPDATES: Anambra people head to polls for new governor in keenly contested election
But Daily Post reports that more than one bomber was involved in the attack.
According to the report, the bombers were four and not fewer than seven people had been killed.
"Four su*cide bombers invaded Fori area behind Giwa Barracks in Maiduguri, the Borno state capital," it wrote.
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android and read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
“One of the su*cide bombers ran to where they were frying beans cake, popularly known as ‘akara’ and detonated the device, killing son of the woman, while the woman also sustained injury,” Bashir, a resident of Giwa barracks said.
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com reported earlier that 15 people have been buried including a pregnant woman after the deadly Boko Haram attack that took place on Wednesday, November 15 in Muna-Gari, a suburb of Maiduguri.
Hundreds of sympathisers gathered at the premises of Muna primary school to pay their last respect and offer prayers to the soul of the victims of the attack.
The residents said the attack could have been prevented if there was adequate presence of soldiers in the location.
Survivors of Boko Haram - NAIJ.com TV[embedded content]
About Article Author