- President Muhammadu Buhari has been accused of failing to deliver his contract of job creation to Nigerians
- This was the stated by the Director General of the Atiku Campaign Organisation, Chief Gbenga Daniel
- Chief Daniel said Nigeria is presently not working and Atiku has the capacity to get things working again
The Director General of the Atiku Campaign Organisation, Chief Gbenga Daniel, says President Muhammadu Buhari has failed to deliver his contract of job creation to Nigerians.
The former Ogun state governor said this during his appearance on Sunday, November 18, in a popular political programme on Channels Television.
He said the president during the 2015 campaigns, had promised to provide about three million jobs but failed to do so.
According to him, President Buhari at the time, said if he failed to fulfil the promise, then Nigerians were at liberty to choose another leader.
READ ALSO: PDP has a greater chance of winning the 2019 presidential election - Senator Bwacha
He stated that Nigeria is not working, stressing that Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, has the capacity to get things working again.
His words: “Nigeria is not working and I want to start by quoting what the current president said in one of his tweets, specifically, I think this was sometime in March 2015 just before the election, he promised Nigerians jobs, he said he was going to create additional jobs and he said and I quote, 'If I do not fulfil my promises, you have the power to decide who leads you and how they lead you.'
“Part of what is key for us is provision of jobs and my submission is if the contract that Buhari had with the people is that he will create jobs, then he has failed to deliver that contract.
“Going forward, in Atiku Abubakar, we clearly have a better person, we clearly have someone who has better exposure to all the facets of this country.
“We have someone who is very much at home anywhere.”
Atiku on Thursday, November 15, alleged that President Buhari is delaying unemployment data because of the upcoming 2019 general elections.
READ ALSO: NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng: a letter from our Editor-in-Chief Bayo Olupohunda
Atiku who made this known in a statement by his presidential campaign organisation said the President Buhari's administration has not been able to provide the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) the funds it needs to perform its functions.
“It is safe to draw the conclusion that if the NBS had been funded and able to release the now due 2018 job reports, the total figure of jobs lost under the present administration may climb higher than the present 11 million jobs.
“Thus, we can understand why this failed administration is desperate to cover that information up, however, the Atiku Presidential Campaign Organisation insists that Nigerians deserve to know the truth no matter how unpalatable it may be,” part of the statement read.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng. We have upgraded to serve you better.
Nigeria Latest News: Father Mbaka On Buhari, Atiku In Nigeria Election 2019 | Legit TV
About Article Author