Home | News | General | Ronaldo recalled by Portugal for first time since World Cup
BREAKING: Six JIBWIS members kidnapped in Katsina
I will reclaim my stolen mandate in Zamfara – PDP guber candidate

Ronaldo recalled by Portugal for first time since World Cup






Cristiano Ronaldo was recalled by the Portuguese national squad on Friday for the first time since last year’s World Cup.
The 34-year-old, who is Portugal’s most capped player with 154 appearances and all-time leading scorer with 85 goals, had not been included for any games in the second half of last year.
Coach Fernando Santos had initially said that a mutual decision had been made to give Ronaldo a rest following his move from Real Madrid to Juventus but had been ambiguous about the player’s future when questioned in November.
Portugal continued to flourish without Ronaldo, winning their Nations League group against Poland and Italy with a game to spare to qualify for the final four-team tournament which the country will host in June.

However, any doubts about his future were removed when Ronaldo’s name was among 25 read by Santos during a news conference for the Euro 2020 qualifiers against Ukraine and Serbia
“Cristiano is the best player in the world and is returning to his team,” said Santos. “Any team is stronger with him.”

Portugal hosts Serbia in Lisbon on March 22 and Ukraine three days later.

KINDLY DROP A COMMENT BELOW

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE FROM: General Visit website



Loading...

view more articles

About Article Author

Chuka (Webby) Aniemeka
Chuka (Webby) Aniemeka

Chuka is an experienced certified web developer with an extensive background in computer science and 18+ years in web design &development. His previous experience ranges from redesigning existing website to solving complex technical problems with object-oriented programming. Very experienced with Microsoft SQL Server, PHP and advanced JavaScript. He loves to travel and watch movies.

View More Articles

100 Most Popular News

Displaying 1 - 91 of 91