It has been identified that the major secret to good health are not secrets at all but high level of common sense and sensitivity. As a human being you must be able to know when your body starts breaking down and visit the medical practitioner before things get worse.
It is another time of the year when people fall ill often due to the rainy and stormy weather. This is the time when people cough and sniff nearly every day and can be caused via contact with people who carry these viruses at work, school or in a commercial vehicle.
Several ways have been identified to which you can keep yourself and families away from falling sick often. However, people who are exposed to germs everyday include flight attendants (they meet different passengers daily), doctors (they attend to several patients daily), teachers (they interact with different pupils), commercial vehicle worker, market women and much more.
Legit.ng brings you ways at which you can prevent yourself from falling sick:
1. Wash your hands: Feel free to wash your hands as much as you can every day. No matter what line of work you’re in, if you come in contact with people who are contagious, you have to wash your hands up. It doesn't matter if the water's hot or cold, the very act of scrubbing will physically remove the germs.
2. Sleep well: Because of work many fail to give their bodies the right amount of sleep it needs daily. Getting enough sleep is extremely important especially if you’ve been exposed to a virus (for example, flu). According to research the body needs a minimum of eight hours sleep each night.
3. Drink water often: Excessive intake of alcohol can damage the body’s dendritic cells, a vital component of the immune system. An increase in alcohol consumption over time can increase a person’s exposure to bacterial and viral infections. So it is important you drink lots of water daily in order to get rid of unhealthy toxins in the body.
4. Personal hygiene: Aside from avoiding being ill, it is important that one must keep his or her surroundings clean. This will get germs far away from you as you will live a healthy lifestyle. Here are some ways to practice good hygiene, shower daily, sweep and mop your surroundings, wash up dirty dishes in the kitchen, keep your clothes and underwears clean, never share personal stuffs such as tooth brushes, towels, sharp objects and much more.
5. Eat green vegetables: Not every time should you eat meals high in calories and chemical preservatives; you should eat more of foods rich in green vegetables. Green, leafy vegetables are rich in vitamins that help you maintain a good balanced diet and support a healthy immune system.
6. Exercise regularly: This act helps keep your heartbeat in check. Here you also get to burn excess body weight, stretches the muscles and helps you keep fit physically and mentally.
7. Drink green tea: This may sound weird but it works. Green tea has been associated with good health. Green tea’s health benefits may be due to its high level of antioxidants.
NOTE: Remember to stay healthy always!
About Article Author