Bereaved son narrates how his mum died as a result of medical negligence and malpractice by Indian hospital
A Nigerian man has shared the medical travails that led to the painful death of his mother after what he narrated to be a case of medical negligence and practice from a hospital in India.
The young man identified as Tobi Marshal, shared his heartbreaking ordeal with members of the online community in a series of posts on micro blogging platform, Twitter.
Sharing a video post that captured a series of moments with his mum while they made several hospital trips, Marshall started off by explaining that her sickness started after she was diagnosed with degenerative lumber canal stenosis, as a result of severe back pains for almost 5 years, at Vedic Lifecare Hospital, Lagos.
READ ALSO: Pointers To A Healthy Relationship We All Should Know About
According to him, the Lagos-based Indian hospital have made a reputation for themselves as being extortionists who lure Nigerians to India for surgeries pegged at outrageous sums.
Marshall explained that with a budget of N3.6 million, he and his mum flew out to India for the corrective surgery that was promised to make her better. On getting to the point of surgery at the Manipal Hospital, Bangolore, he explained that they were left surprised as the initial fee was doubled on claims that the Lagos-based hospital made a wrong diagnosis.
See his tweets below:
PAY ATTENTION: Read best news on Nigeria's #1 news app
After completion of the surgery and being discharged on the December 4, 2018, Marshall narrated that his mum started to show signs of being unwell on December 14,2018, just a few days after she was discharged from the hospital.
This according to him, led to another round of hospital trips in which they had to part with about N600k and his mum was re-diagnosed to have a bacterial infection which resulted in her suffering multiple strokes in the brain.
See more tweets below:
PAY ATTENTION: Get your daily relationship tips and advice on Africa Love Aid group
At some point Marshall explained that his mum had to be admitted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) which cost about N500k per night. He said she spent another 9 days at the ICU, which led to more accrued bills that were dangerously on the high side.
Marshall shared further that while he was going through the challenges with his mum, the hospital in Lagos that lured them to India never made any attempt to offer any support or give a follow up to our the procedure in India was going.
READ ALSO: NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng: a letter from our Editor-in-Chief Bayo Olupohunda
Bringing his long narration to an end, Marshall shared the news that his mum finally passed away on April 14, 2019, after being diagnosed with another infection and multiple organ failure.
He finally noted that he made sure to visit a lawyer in India to seek justice for everything the hospital made them go through. To his surprise, the laywer disclosed to him that he has had similar cases of Nigerians who become stranded in India.
"Please my point here is I want to tell Nigerians that India is not safe to do surgeries and treatment they extort so much money from us and still use us as lab rats." he concluded.
In other news, Legit.ng gathered the report of a short mum who was filmed on camera as she ordered her tall son to squat while she talks to him. Many social media users reacted to the video with some suggesting that she was the typical African mother.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better
Check out FOUR IMPORTANT ways to avoid contracting Typhoid fever | Legit TV
About Article Author