Speaker Gbajabiamila appoints 49-year-old physically challenged, 26 others into sensitive positions (photos)
Speaker Femi Gbajabiamila of the House of Representatives has announced the appointment of Abdulsalam Idowu Kamaldeen, a physically challenged man, as one of his special assistants.
Kamaldeen, who suffered polio infection when he was three years old, was appointed by the speaker to handle the office of special needs and equal opportunities.
He joins 26 others whose appointments were also announced by Gbajabialmila.
READ ALSO: NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng: a letter from our Editor-in-Chief Bayo Olupohunda
According to a statement by the speaker, Kamaldeen, a lawyer who hails from Kwara state, was first discovered and invited to the floor of the House for special recognition in 2017.
The statement listed all the appointees to include:
These appointments take immediate effect.
1. Special Adviser – Administration - Odofin David Seun
2. Special Adviser – Political Matters – Olanrewaju Smart
3. Special Adviser – Special Duties – Badmus Olufunmi
4. Special Assistant – Legal Matters – Osazee Melody Ogundijie
5. Special Assistant – Legislative Matters – Hon. Raphael Nnana Igbokwe
6. Special Assistant – Gender Equality– Fatima Kakuri
7. Special Assistant – IDPs - Hamza Baba Ibrahim
8. Special Assistant – Special Needs /Equal Opportunities – Abdulsalam Idowu Kamaldeen
9. Special Assistant – Employment and Job Creation – Hadiza Abubakar Talba
10. Special Assistant – Budget and Finance – Lukman Oyewole Lawal
11. Special Assistant – Former Members’ Affairs – Hon Bassey Ewa
12. Special Assistant – Policy and Inter-Parliamentary – Princewill Tabia
13. Special Assistant – Executive Relations – Hon Ibrahim Mohammed Baba
14. Special Assistant – Anti-Corruption - Akin Ogunlola
15. Special Assistant – Niger Delta / Oil & Gas – Hon. Daniel Reyenieju
16. Special Assistant – Research and Public Policy – Dubem Mogalu
17. Special Assistant – Members’ Affairs – Dunkwu Nnamdi Chamberlain
18. Special Assistant – SDGs – Shehu Saleh
19. Special Assistant – Youth Matters – Ibrahim Alli-Balogun
20. Special Assistant – Intergovernmental Affairs – Adaku Apugo
21. Senior Legislative Aide – Adim Akpapunam
22. Special Assistant – Political Matters (North East) – Hon Sadiq Ibrahim
23. Special Assistant – Political Matters (South West) – Hon. Ayodeji Joseph
24. Special Assistant – Political Matters (North West) – Hon. Bashir Baballe
25. Special Assistant – Political Matters (South East) – Hon. Anayo Nnebe
26. Special Assistant – Political Matters (North Central) – Hon. Adamu Chika
27. Special Assistant – Political Matters (South South) – Hon. E. J Agbonayinma
Legit.ng earlier reported that the president of the Senate, Dr Ahmad Lawan, recently approved the appointments of Karage Mamman and Ola Awoniyi as his deputy chief of staff and special adviser on media, respectively.
The announcement was made in a statement issued on Tuesday, July 16, by the special assistant to the president of the Senate on media and publicity, Mohammed Isa.
How Nigeria's democracy has fared in the last 20 years - Jega, Ezekwesili | Legit TV
About Article Author