Home | News | General | South west governors hold crucial meeting, give update on plans to secure zone
I should be able to choose what I want to watch if I’m paying for it - Daddy Freeze reacts to Desmond Elliot wanting ban of foreign movies
The best quality and most expensive wine 2019

South west governors hold crucial meeting, give update on plans to secure zone





- Governors from the south west have met in Akure, Ondo state, a second time to discuss issues of insecurity in the zone

- The governors say they used the opportunity to review the technical committee report from their last meeting

- Oluwarotimi Akeredolu of Ondo state noted that details of their plans are still being kept away from the public

For the second time within a month, governors in the south west zone on Monday, July 22, rose from a meeting in Akure pledging a new security architecture that would address the security challenges in the region.

Oluwarotimi Akeredolu of Ondo state, who spoke on behalf of other governors said the meeting was to deliberate extensively on the technical committee report arising from last month’s summit in Ibadan.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the meeting lasted for about three hours and was attended by Seyi Makinde (Oyo), Dapo Abiodun (Ogun), Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti), Babajide Sanwo-Olu (Lagos), and Benedict Alabi, deputy governor of Osun.

READ ALSO: NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng: a letter from our Editor-in-Chief Bayo Olupohunda

Akeredolu said that immediate steps would be taken on some key areas as contained in the technical committee report submitted to the governors after the summit.

“Development Agenda for Western Nigeria (DAWN) commission is going back to do some work for us, and thereafter, we will all implement it and ensure that there is security of lives and properties in western Nigeria.

"We are assuring our people that we are prepared and determined to deal ruthlessly with anyone found within the south west region perpetrating any criminal act," he said adding that the full details of their plan cannot be made public for now.

“We want the people concerned to only just wake up to see the action," he added.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Legit.ng earlier reported how the governors, on Friday, July 19, made their stand known concerning the call by the Northern Elders Forum (NEF) for Fulanis resident in the south west to return to their homes.

The governors described the call for the Fulanis to leave the south and return to the north as most unfortunate, divisive and retrogressive.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng. We have upgraded to serve you better.

Nigeria news: SARS shoots unnamed man to death in Ilupeju | Legit TV

[embedded content]

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE FROM: General Visit website



Loading...

view more articles

About Article Author

Chuka (Webby) Aniemeka
Chuka (Webby) Aniemeka

Chuka is an experienced certified web developer with an extensive background in computer science and 18+ years in web design &development. His previous experience ranges from redesigning existing website to solving complex technical problems with object-oriented programming. Very experienced with Microsoft SQL Server, PHP and advanced JavaScript. He loves to travel and watch movies.

View More Articles

100 Most Popular News

Displaying 1 - 41 of 41