Samsung Galaxy A10e is a low budget phone released in August. It has enough storage space as it comes with 32GB ROM and 2GB RAM. It runs on the Android 9.0 (Pie) version. Its overall display and performance are quite admirable.
Image: instagram.com, @albertoaguirre88
Unlike most recent phones in the market, the device does not have a fingerprint scanner. It was made to target individuals who go for affordability more than anything else.
Here is a brief overview of the pros and cons of the device to help you decide if it is a good choice to go for.
- It has a beautiful display with a drop notch design
- It has the facial recognition unlock feature that responds quite fast
- Relatively enough internal memory for all your documents, images, and applications
- Compatible with all Samsung devices and wearables
- It is budget-friendly
- It does not have a fingerprint scanner
- Does not support wireless charging
- Pictures taken under low light have shallow detail
- The plastic back is glossy and smudges easily
Samsung Galaxy A10e specs
Have a look at the device's features and specifications:
- Release date: August 2019
- Network technology: GSM/ CDMA/ HSPA/ LTE
- Dimensions: 147.3 x 69.6 x 8.4 mm (5.80 x 2.74 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 141g (4.97 oz)
- Build: Front glass, plastic body
- SIM: Nano-SIM
- Display type: PLS TFT capacitive touchscreen
- Color depth: 16M
- Screen size: 5.83 inches (81.4% screen to body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1560 pixels, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 295 ppi density
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Chipset: Exynos 7884 (14 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2x1.6 GHz Cortex-A73 & 6x1.35 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G71 MP2
- Internal memory: 32GB 2GB RAM
- External memory: MicroSD, up to 512 GB
- Main camera: 8 MP, f/1.9, AF or 5 MP, AF
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video resolution: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie camera: 5 MP, f/2.0 or 2 MP
- 3.5 mm jack: Available
- Radio: Not available
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, dual-band, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Proximity, accelerometer
- Battery: 3000 mAh non-removable Li-Ion battery
- Color: Black
- Model: SM-A102U
Image: instagram.com, @technodemir
The device has an elegant design which you will love. Take a look at the device's other features:
The device has a plastic body, and the screen is made of glass. It has a thickness of 8.4 mm and weighs 141g, making it easy to carry around. Samsung Galaxy A10e colors are limited to only one; black.
On the bottom of the device, you have a 3.5 mm headphone jack, Type-C charging port and speaker. On the left side is the tray that houses the SIM card and which you can put a microSD for extra storage. The noise cancellation mic is placed on the top. The main camera and Samsung logo are placed on the glossy back cover.
Samsung Galaxy A10e display
The phone has a 5.83-inch display with a waterdrop notch at the top. It has a PLS TFT capacitive touchscreen with a color depth of 16M. It has an impressive 81.4% screen to body ratio. The screen resolution is 720 x 1560 pixels, with an aspect ratio of 19.5:9. The 295 ppi density is, however, quite low compared to most recent phones which have more than 500 ppi.
Processor, storage, and performance
The device is powered by an Exynos 7884 (14nm) chipset and an octa-core processor. The Mali-G71 MP2 graphics processor will boost your gaming and overall phone usage experience. The response speed is fast enough, and the device rarely experiences lagging.
The phone has enough storage and can be expanded up to 512 GB. It offers 32GB of ROM and 2GB of RAM.
This phone comes with a non-removable 3000 mAh Li-Ion battery. The Samsung Galaxy A10e battery life is decent depending on your usage, network, signal strength, and accessories used. The device supports Adaptive Fast Charging and might get warm when charging. However, it does not come with the wireless charging feature.
Speaker and call quality
The speakers are loud enough and with crisp sound quality when watching videos or simply listening to music. It also comes with a 3.5 mm headphone jack. The noise cancellation mic and earpiece ensure your calls are clear and of good quality.
Image: instagram.com, @brieftech
Here are the software features that accompany the device:
OS and features
The phone runs on the Android 9.0 (Pie) version. Samsung Galaxy A10e Android 10 upgrade will be expected next year. For a low budget device, the upgrade is a plus. It will feature smaller notification pop-ups, enhanced dark modes, and simplified button arrangements.
Even though it does not have a fingerprint sensor, it has accelerometer and proximity sensors.
Camera, video, and image quality
The device has a single primary camera that can be either 8 MP, f/1.9 or 5 MP. The primary camera features an LED flash, panorama, and HDR for photo enhancement. It has an option of digital zoom.
The images have good colour saturation, especially during the day. In low light, the colours get a little bit washed out and detail is lost. For portrait pictures, the background is blurred perfectly to give you a decent picture. The 5 MP selfie images have good detail and can also be enhanced with the beauty feature. The video quality is also impressive with a resolution of 1080p@30fps.
Samsung Galaxy A10e review
Check out what some YouTube users are saying about the device:
- Paul S- the phone is easy to use.
- Steven George: This is a great budget phone. The facial recognition works great
- Rafsan Ahmed: nice budget phone. I can't tolerate that there is only one speaker and it is near the mic. It means you have to carry headphones all the time
- Syndical: A20 is the A10 but more luxurious looking and with better specs
- Kurt YT: it is beautiful, and I can play Mobile Legends easily
- Eric Kessler: More storage is the reason I want to buy this phone
- The PlayStation: the quality on the camera is so much better in a well-lighted room. It is not good in low light
- Derpy gaming: the battery lasts for 29 hours ..it is super amazing
- Monia official: I got this phone for my son, he loves it, and the battery is great and he games a lot
Image: instagram.com, @gmobile_metrobytmobile
Samsung Galaxy A10e accessories
You will expect the following accessories when you unbox the phone:
- USB Type-C
- Power adapter
- User manual
- SIM ejection tool
For a low budget device, the phone has enough storage and great performance. The image quality is also decent. Samsung Galaxy A10e price ranges between N40,000 and N49,000 depending on where you purchase the phone.
The Samsung Galaxy A10e is a good device for everyday use. It is available in both online and offline stores in Nigeria.
About Article Author