The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has declared 30 of its staff missing in the on-going governorship election in Kogi state.
INEC also released the names of the affected ad-hoc staff and said they were sent to Olamaboro local government area for the exercise but their whereabouts have become unknown.
The commission finally declared the staff missing by 1am on Sunday, November 17, hours after the election marred by violence ended and when results were being collated in the local government.
As a result of their disappearance, the results from the local government could not be collated by Garba Mahmood, the INEC officer in charge.
Mahmood said the staff were first reported missing when some police officers raised an alarm saying they were not seen just as voting ended by 2pm on Saturday, November 16.
As released by Mahmood, here are the names of the missing INEC staff:
Olamaboro III Unit 002
1. Oladipo Victor
2. Achimi Samson P-08136653704
3. Umar Faruk Sani-08032745663
4. Adama Ibrahim
1. Abayomi Roseline E.
2. Onuche Abel E
3. Onojah Emmanuel
4. Umoru Mariam
1. Effiong Akwaowo-Ukpe
2. Mattew Agada
3. Samuel Ibrahim
4. Sado Bello
Imane 1 Unit 006
1. Nzeofia Kingsley- Presiding Officer (PO)
2. Hassan Musa- Assistant Presiding Officer 1 (APO 1)
3. Ekele Michael – Assistant Presiding Officer 2(APO 2)
4. Ahmed Mattew – Assistant Presiding Officer 3(APO 3 )
1. Ovioawho Omonefe B.- Presiding Officer (PO)
2. Baba Eric -Assistant Presiding Officer 1 (APO 1)
3. Gabriel Samuel Assistant Presiding Officer 2 (APO 2)
1. Nwafor Emmanuel- Presiding Officer (PO)
2 Agada Ochegeugwa- Assistant Presiding Officer 1(APO 1)
3. Ojih Martina- Assistant Presiding Officer 2(APO 2)
1. Ezugwu Stanley- Presiding Officer (PO)
2. Mohammed Abdullahi- Assistant Presiding Officer 1(APO 1)
3. Mohammed Ibrahim- Assistant Presiding Officer 2(APO 2)
4. Adejoh Joy- Assistant Presiding Officer 3(APO 3)
1. Adebisi Comfort – Presiding Officer (PO)
2. Yusuf Sofiat- Assistant Presiding Officer 1(APO 1)
3. Onoja Alice- Assistant Presiding Officer 2(APO 2)
4. Onuche Vincent- Assistant Presiding Officer 3(APO 3)
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
Legit.ng earlier reported that the violence that took over the governorship and senatorial elections in Kogi state resulted in the death of a nephew to Senator Dino Melaye, candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the re-run for the legislative seat.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) - Legit.ng. We have upgraded to serve you better.
Party agents raise alarm over insecurity of people, INEC materials| Legit TV
About Article Author