- INEC has finally declared Yahaya Bello as the winner of Kogi governorship election
- The election was keenly contested among three major parties in the state
- With INEC's declaration, Bello would govern the state for the next four years
The declaration of Governor Yahaya Bello as the winner of the Saturday, November 16, in Kogi state, by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has put an end to the political bickering among the parties that contested the election.
Legit.ng reports that although 23 parties contested the election, the battle was among three prominent parties in the state - All Progressives Congress (APC), Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), and the Social Democratic Party (SDP).
Fortune, however, smiled on the incumbent governor of the state, Yahaya Bello, as he against all odds, was returned to govern the state for the next four years.
Legit.ng hereby presents Bello's profile, education background, political activities and most significant things about him as he takes the mantle of the leadership of the state for the next four years:
1. Yahya Adoza Bello was born in Okene, Kogi state on June 18, 1975.
2. He was the youngest of six children of his family. He attended LGEA primary school, Agassa in Okene local government in 1984.
3. He was named as a class prefect of class two and was made the school head boy in class six.
4. He attended high school at Agassa community secondary school, Anyava, Agassa-Okene and obtained his Junior Secondary School Certificate Examination (JSSCE) and Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE) certificates from Government Secondary School, Suleja-Niger State in 1994.
5. Bello studied at Kaduna state polytechnic, Zaria in 1995 and obtained an Accounting degree from Ahmadu Bello University ABU Zaria in 1999.
6. He further enrolled for a masters programme in Ahmadu Bello University in Zaria where he obtained a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) in 2002. He became a chartered fellow of the Association of National Accountants of Nigeria in 2004.
7. Bello was declared winner of the 2015 Kogi gubernatorial election after he was chosen on the platform of the APC as the replacement for the late Abubakar Audu who originally won the election but died before the result was declared.
8. He became the first governor to govern the state for two unbroken terms
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that apprehension pervaded Kogi and Bayelsa when the INEC began the official announcement of results of the just-concluded governorship elections in the states.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) - Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better.
Kogi election: I will come out victorious, Yahaya Bello boasts | - on Legit TV
About Article Author