One of the Nokia devices that have been in the market for a while now is Nokia 3. It remains relevant and a favourite among many people even if the manufacturer has already released many other devices. It is a highly preferred budget phone because it has a sleek design and also some of the best features in the mid-range phone division.
Image: twitter.com, @xdadevelopers
Are you looking for Nokia 3 price in Nigeria? Reputable online smartphone stores such as Jumia and Konga and other various phone price comparison websites show that the device costs between 26,799 Naira and 49,000 Naira. Considering the price range and Nokia 3 features, it is reasonable and recommendable for middle-income earners. When was it released? Nokia 3 release date was on the 13th of June, 2017.
Nokia 3 overview
Every phone has its good and bad sides. This device is not an exception. Take a quick look at some of the pros and cons of the device that are worth noting;
- It has a classy and compact appearance.
- The screen is protected by Corning Gorilla glass.
- It is OTG cable-supported.
- It supports NFC.
- It lacks a fingerprint sensor.
- It is not suitable for multitasking because of the average processor.
- Its battery capacity is low.
Nokia 3 specification list
What are the specifications of the device?
- Announced: February 2017
- Released: June 2017
- Dimensions: 143.4 x 71.4 x 8.5 mm (5.65 x 2.81 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 140 g
- SIM card: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colours
- Size: 5.0 inches
- Resolution: 720 x 1280 pixels
- Operating system: Android 7.0 (Nougat), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Internal memory: 16GB 2GB RAM
- Expandable memory: MicroSD slot up to 256 GB
- Main camera: 8MP
- Selfie camera: 8MP
- USB: MicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery: 2630 mAh
- Colors: Silver White, Matte Black, Tempered Blue, Copper White
Nokia 3 hardware
Image: twitter.com, @phoneradarblog
What are some of the hardware features of this phone that might catch your attention?
The device comes in a range of colours to suit the preferences of different users. The four distinct colours of this phone are Matte Black, Copper White, Silver White and Tempered Blue. It has a sturdy aluminium frame and a plastic back, and the materials are credited for the durability of the phone.
The power and volume buttons are on the right side of the phone at a position where your fingers can easily reach them. It is not a bulky phone as it weighs 140g. It can comfortably fit into the users' pockets. Its design is almost similar to Tecno Spark K7, and that puts it ahead of many phones in the mid-range category.
The display unit has an area of 68.9 square centimetres and a diagonal length of 5.0 inches. The display technology is IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 16M colours which facilitates the colourful display of images. It has a considerably low screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels, an average aspect ratio of 16:9 and pixel density of approximately 294ppi.
Processor, storage and performance
The device runs on Android 7.0 Nougat and is upgradable to Android 9.0. It has a processor of 1.4 GHz, quad-core, but it is not efficient for the modern-day smartphone user. It has an average performance. The chipset specification is Mediatek MT6737 (28 nm), and the graphics of the phone are facilitated by the Mali-T720MP1 GPU.
This device might not be ideal for you if you have high storage needs because it has a ROM of 16GB and 2GB RAM. If that is not enough, you can opt to use external memory of up to 256 GB. The performance of this device is average.
This device has a non-removable Li-Ion 2630 mAh battery with an endurance rating of 53h, and it does not have the quick charge feature. Nokia 3 battery capacity is ideal for people with minimal uses of the phone. It will not last an entire day if you subject it to intensive use such as playing games and music.
Speaker and call quality
The audio quality is impressive, especially on calls, and if that is not enough, you can opt to use the loudspeaker. You also have the option of connecting headphones to its 3.5 mm jack, and this is perfect for listening to audio files or calling.
Nokia 3 software
Image: twitter.com, @91mobiles
The software features of this device consist of;
OS and features
Nokia 3 Android version is 7.0 (Nougat), which is not the latest, as Android 10 is already out. If you are not satisfied with the Android version, you can upgrade it to Android 9.0 (Pie). It also comes with essential connectivity features such as Bluetooth, GPS, WLAN, which allow easy communication and sharing of data with other compatible devices. Also notable on the phone are various sensors such as an accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass.
Camera, video and image quality
If you are interested in getting high-quality and high definition images and videos, then this device might not serve you best. Since it is a budget phone, its primary camera is 8 megapixels and the selfie camera is also 8 megapixels. These cameras are good enough to capture moderate-quality images.
Image: twitter.com, @prosconview
What are some of the opinions of people who have had the opportunity to use Nokia 3? A look at Nokia 3 reviews and comments on YouTube shows that users have different experiences. Check some of the comments:
- Kamen Rider: Camera, better lumia 520
- Utpal Mandal: Camera quality is not excellent but not very bad.Slightly over exposed tendency and it can be manageable with editing apps or minus exposure compensation.
- Sohel Rana Shohag: I bought this phone, its initial camera is very weak and bad resolutions
- Abbas Sabeer: Nokia3 no good
- Choda: I have nokia 3. It's phenomenal
- W A: Battary life is poor; this is what I have read through an independent review but phone is good.
- Rahim Rahim: I love Nokia 3 very good performance
- Suos Heng: The performance is very slow, it's just a phone.
Nokia is known to manufacture reliable phones such as this budget device. With a weight of 140g, the phone is easy to handle and carry around comfortably. The screen size of 5.0 inches is good enough for watching videos.
The phone's performance is average. The installed CPU, that is, a quad-core 1.4 GHz CPU, can only handle basic tasks. Since the phone does not have high power demanding features, its 2630 mAh battery is relatively okay. The rear and front cameras are good for capturing relatively okay pictures.
Nokia 3 specs are remarkable, and they are tailored to address the needs of people who require smartphones that are pocket-friendly. It is a good buy because the price is commensurate to what the phone offers.
About Article Author