Home | News | General | Confusion as Kano residents take to streets over sacking of 4 new emirs installed by Ganduje
31 new major generals decorated by Nigerian Army
Enugu airport shutdown: Fix Owerri-Uga road - Lawmakers tell FG

Confusion as Kano residents take to streets over sacking of 4 new emirs installed by Ganduje





- Protest is reportedly going on in some communities in Kano state over court ruling on new emirates

- Governor Ganduje had in May created four new first-class emirates in the state

- The Kano state high court had on Thursday, November 21, sacked all the new emirs

Hours after the sacking of four emirs installed by Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano state, some residents of Kano communities are currently embarking on a protest, according to the report by Premium times.

Legit.ng reported how the Kano high court nullified the creation of four new first-class emirates by the state government.

The four new emirates for which Governor Ganduje named first-class emirs in the state in May are Bichi, Rano, Karaye and Gaya.

Justice Usman Na’Abba ruled on Thursday, November 21, that the law creating the new emirates did not follow due process.

After the judgement, scores of residents of Karaye, one of the affected areas, trooped out to protest the judgement.

Kogi election: This is what I will do to Yahaya Bello - Dino Melaye

It was gathered that a similar protest is ongoing in Gaya.

According to the report, there are unconfirmed reports that similar protests were holding in other emirates.

The online news platform said that in Karaye, the residents carried placards, whose contents were in Hausa, to show their grievances at the judgment.

“Leave us in our new emirate, the Karaye emirate,” one of the placards reads.

“The people of Karaye are in support of the new emirate,” another placard reads.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the appointment and creation of four additional emirates in the state was on Thursday, November 21, nullified by a state high court.

It was reported that while delivering the verdict, Justice Usman Na’abba, the presiding judge, declared the creation of the four emirates did not follow due process.

PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news update

Just in: PDP rejects 'fake' Kogi election results

Governor Ganduje had on Sunday, July 7, said that the new additional four emirates in the state had come to stay.

The governor stated this when he paid a condolence visit to the Emir of Rano, Alhaji (Dr) Tafida Abubakar (Autan Bawo), over the death of his son, Aliyu Tafida, who lived for 20 years.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) - Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better.

Emir Sanusi blasts Nigerian leadership | - on Legit TV

[embedded content]

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE FROM: General Visit website



Loading...

view more articles

About Article Author

Chuka (Webby) Aniemeka
Chuka (Webby) Aniemeka

Chuka is an experienced certified web developer with an extensive background in computer science and 18+ years in web design &development. His previous experience ranges from redesigning existing website to solving complex technical problems with object-oriented programming. Very experienced with Microsoft SQL Server, PHP and advanced JavaScript. He loves to travel and watch movies.

View More Articles

100 Most Popular News

1 2 Displaying 1 - 100 of 161