- Some students in Nigeria have dissociated themselves from a planned protest against service chiefs in the country
- The protest is said to have been planned by the opposition party across two major states in Nigeria
- According to the students, some elements benefiting from the Boko Haram crisis want to ensure that the gains made so far are reversed
The Patriotic Students and Stakeholders Forum (PSSF) has distanced itself from a proposed protest against the nation's service chiefs.
The forum described the purported planned protest as an agenda of the opposition party in the country.
Speaking at a press conference in Abuja on Wednesday, February 26, convener of the group, Tunde Badmus, said plans were already on the ground by these disgruntled politicians to storm the streets of Abuja and Lagos on Thursday, February 27.
Badmus said some despicable elements benefiting from the Boko Haram crisis before the advent of the present administration want to ensure that the gains made so far are reversed.
According to Badmus, these politicians have already budgeted N200 million for the execution of the project tagged ‘Operation Bring Down Nigeria.
Badmus said the plan is to see to the mass mobilization of students of tertiary institutions.
"They have vowed to cause a distraction by calling for the sack of service chiefs to please some of their members in the National Assembly that have benefited from the rot in the system from time immemorial," Badmus said.
The forum alleged that the students have been mandated to use hardened criminals, cultists, and ex-convicts to ensure that the police will not be able to stop their planned rally.
Denouncing the students, the forum warned that should there be loss of lives and destruction of properties in the coming days, the public should hold the opposition responsible.
The protest is said to have been planned by the opposition party across two major states in Nigeria
PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that the Federal Government has said that the president cannot sack the service chiefs at this moment.
Speaking on behalf of FG, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Boss Mustapha, criticised those calling for the sack of the service chiefs.
Mustapha said there are processes which must be followed before the president can take such action, adding that Nigerians should be united in the face of the security challenges, not divided.
The SGF said the criminals will be empowered more in their efforts to destabilise the country if Nigerians are not united.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) - Legit.ng. We have upgraded to serve you better.
Can Nigerian Soldiers really not deal with Boko Haram fighters?| Legit TV
About Article Author