- Pope Francis has been reported sick after he mingled with people during Ash Wednesday celebrations on February 26
- On Sunday, February 23, the pontiff also mixed with, hugged and kissed thousands of people to show solidarity after the outbreak of coronavirus in Italy
- Though the Vatican never said anything on if he has been tested for the virus, they maintained that everything is going well
Pope Francis is sick and could possibly be infected by coronavirus but Vatican officials have refused to comment on the true state of the pontiff.
Matteo Bruni, the spokesman for the Vatican, only said that the Pope could not show up for mass because he is slightly indisposed, Telegraph reports.
It should be noted that the mass was the first one preceding the start of Lent. The spokesman also did not respond to any further questions.
Bruni also did not say if the pontiff will be tested for coronavirus, especially following its outbreak in Italy that has infected 650 people.
There was wide concern for the pope during Ash Wednesday celebration on February 26 as he coughed and blew his nose as he greeted people without wearing a mask.
Also, the Pope on Sunday, February 23, mingled with more than 40,000 people as he expressed his support for the people affected by the virus.
Another thing worthy of note is that a part of the Pope’s lung is missing after he was treated for tuberculosis in his 20s.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng earlier reported that the federal ministry of health confirmed the first case of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) case in Nigeria.
PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news update
The case, which was confirmed on Thursday, February 27 is the first to be reported in the country since the beginning of the outbreak the viral disease in China in January.
The case is an Italian citizen who works in Nigeria and returned from Milan, Italy to Lagos, Nigeria on Tuesday, February 25.
In other news, a popular American gospel singer, Don Moen, set a very good example for charitable giving as he donated a whopping sum of $100,000 (N36,550,000) for a school project at Kwao Bondzie in Ghana.
The fund was given under the Don Moen and Friends Foundation and would provide a conducive learning environment for children of an orphanage who have to walk several distances to school every day.
During his recent visit to the place on Saturday, February 22, the American singer cut the first sod off the project site.
It should be noted that once the project is completed, it will consist of a 12-classroom building, a dining hall and kitchen, a staff room, an ICT laboratory, a library, washrooms, and a music library for the student.
In his interview with the media, Don Moen said that the charitable gesture was his way of giving back to Ghana after he had been invited to perform for 13 years.
After appreciating everyone who contributed towards the project, the singer promised that his next donation is going to be a $100 million project.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better
Coronavirus: NOA DG reveals steps taken to prevent deadly epidemic | Legit TV
About Article Author