- The inspector general of police has ordered the redeployment of eleven commissioners
- The senior police officers will be redeployed to different commands and formations across the country
- The IGP charged the officers to ensure the improvement on the gains of their predecessors
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed
There was a major shake-up in the Nigeria Police Force as the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, ordered the immediate posting and redeployment of eleven commissioners of police.
According to The Nation, the police commissioners will be redeployed to various commands and formations across the nation.
This was disclosed in a statement issued by the force public relations officer, DCP Frank Mba.
Adamu charged the officers to ensure they advance the gains of their predecessors in the implementation of community policing, crime prevention, public security, public safety and general crime-fighting.
The inspector general of Police has ordered the redeployment of 11 senior officers of the police.
The IGP also enjoined Nigerians to cooperate with the commissioners of police to allow them to succeed in their new areas of responsibilities.
According to the statement, the postings and redeployment include:
1. Edo State, CP Johnson Babatunde Kokumo
2. Osun State, CP Undie J. Adie
3. Bauchi State CP Lawal Jimeta Tanko
4. Ebonyi State, CP Philip Sule Maku
5. Gombe State, CP Ahmed Maikudi Shehu
6. Ondo State, CP Bolaji Amidu Salami
7. Oyo State, CP Joe Nwachukwu Enwonwu
8. Eastern Port, CP Evelyn T. Peterside
9. Explosive Ordinance Device (EOD), CP Okon Etim Ene
10. Airport Command, CP Bello Maikwashi
11. Anti-Fraud Unit (FCID Annex Lagos), CP Olukolu Tairu Shina
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
Earlier, Legit.ng reported that the creation of five new zonal commands and restructuring of the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) was on Wednesday, May 27, approved by President Muhammadu Buhari.
This was disclosed in a statement signed by Mohammed Adamu, the Inspector-General of Police, who explained that the new structure for the force is expected to fully integrate intelligence-led policing strategy and community policing.
The five newly created commands are Ondo/Ekiti command, Enugu/Anambra/Ebonyi Command, Balyelsa/Rivers command, Katsina,/Kaduna command, and Yobe/Borno command.
In other news, the South-East Governors Forum has accused the IGP of allegedly reneging on its agreements on practice and composition for the establishment of community policing in the zone.
The forum's chairman who is also Ebonyi state governor, Chief David Umahi, made the allegation at the end of its meeting in Enugu on Sunday, May 24.
Umahi said that the recent communication from the IG, Mohammed Adamu, did not conform with the initial agreement reached with him during his visit to the zone.
IGP decorates newly promoted Commissioners of Police | Legit TV
About Article Author