Home | News | General | EndSARS: I will never be part of any carnage, Tinubu finally reacts to Lekki shootings
Breaking: I apologise for what has happened - Sanwo-Olu to Lagos after Lekki shooting
Big blow for Zidane as Real Madrid superstar set to miss UCL clash due to injury

EndSARS: I will never be part of any carnage, Tinubu finally reacts to Lekki shootings





- Bola Tinubu has reacted over the killing of EndSARS protesters at Lekki tollgate

- No fewer than seven protesters were killed on Tuesday, October 20, by soldiers at Lekki

- Tinubu also denied having investment in Lekki tollgate

PAY ATTENTION: Win a prize of N115,000, N75,000 or N38,000: participate in Big Naija Independence contest by Legit.ng

Hours after the killing of some EndSARS protesters at Lekki tollgate, the national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, has said he would never be part of any carnage.

Legit.ng reports that Tinubu was reacting to the attack which saw security forces open fire on #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki tollgate area of Lagos state on Tuesday, October 20.

Speaking with Channels in a telephone interview on Wednesday, October 21, the former governor of Lagos state, condemned the action allegedly perpetrated by the Nigerian Army, saying, “Why will they use live bullets?

APC caretaker chairman claims there is hidden agenda behind #EndSARS protest, reveals what leaders should do
EndSARS: I will never be part of any carnage, Tinubu finally reacts to Lekki shootings

The national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, fielding questions from the journalists. Credit: Twitter/Bola Tinubu.
Source: Twitter

He said:

“I will never, never be part of any carnage. I will never be part of that.”

The APC leader also denied having any investment in the Lekki Concession Company (LCC), the firm which manages the tollgate.

Tinubu added:

“I have no dime, no kobo investment in the tollgate. We are about 13 to 14 days into the protests now. Before now, I was being accused and reported to the presidency that I was behind the protests, that I was a sponsor of the protests.

He also said he refuted the allegations and appealed to the youths, asking Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu to respond to the demands of the protesters.

Tinubu noted:

“That was why he (Sanwo-Olu) set up the Judicial Commission of Inquiry. The governor has gone to the home of one of the victims to appeal to them. He has put N200m together as part of restitution and compensation for those attacked.”
Miyetti Allah accuses prominent APC leader of sponsoring #EndSARS, links protests to 2023 presidential election

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the Lagos state police command banned all forms of EndSARS protests on Tuesday, October 20.

It was reported that the police public relations officer in the state, SP Oluwamuyiwa Adejobi, said that no protest or gathering or possession, under whatever guise, would be permitted within Lagos.

The command, therefore, informed all Lagosians that it is working with all security agencies that have already been to enforce the curfew and the ban on all protests.

What’s the best punishment for erring SARS officers? | - on Legit TV

[embedded content]

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE FROM: General Visit website



Loading...

view more articles

About Article Author

Chuka (Webby) Aniemeka
Chuka (Webby) Aniemeka

Chuka is an experienced certified web developer with an extensive background in computer science and 18+ years in web design &development. His previous experience ranges from redesigning existing website to solving complex technical problems with object-oriented programming. Very experienced with Microsoft SQL Server, PHP and advanced JavaScript. He loves to travel and watch movies.

View More Articles

100 Most Popular News

1 2 Displaying 1 - 100 of 107