Following the ongoing protests against the activities of the disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), President Muhammadu Buhari would announce a ‘critical solution’ to the #EndSARS protest in a couple of hours.
Premium Times reports that this was announced by Nigeria’s National Security Adviser (NSA), Babagana Monguno, at the end of the fourth National Security Council (NSC) meeting.
Legit.ng gathered that while speaking after the meeting, Monguno told the State House correspondents that the meeting basically dwelt on one subject matter, “the current security situation that has come about as a result of the EndSARS protests.”
The online medium said that official said the president has directed that the government should do whatever is necessary in order to bring about an agreeable resolution to this crisis.
“It is not Mr. President’s desire to see any unwanted loss of lives and he is determined to ensure that things do not cascade into an unpleasant situations.
“Therefore, he has directed all the security agencies to operate within the confines of legitimacy, the confines of legality, not to do anything that will aggravate the situation.
“The President himself, I have just left his office, is also going to deal with these issues in a specific manner apart from what has just taken place in council. I believe in the next couple of hours Mr. President will come up with certain solutions that will be agreeable to the entire federation.
“Again, I have spoken with my colleagues in security, to also understand that these situations also require non-kinetic efforts which we are also working on, to appease who are aggrieved and there is no need to take this thing further. But it is extremely important for the youths to understand that, if the atmosphere is not conducive for dialogue and understanding, we can’t have any peaceful resolution.”
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that hours after the reported killing of some EndSARS protesters at Lekki tollgate, the national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, denied having a hand in the ugly incident.
It was reported that Tinubu was reacting to the attack which saw security forces open fire on #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki tollgate area of Lagos state on Tuesday, October 20.
What’s the best punishment for erring SARS officers? | - on Legit TV
About Article Author