- Cristiano Ronaldo could still be a part of his side's Champions League clash vs Barcelona
- The 35-year-old has been in self-isolation after contracting coronavirus earlier this month
- The Old Lady are now awaiting another test result before confirming his availability for the encounter
PAY ATTENTION: Win a prize of N115,000, N75000 or N38000: participate in Big Naija Independence contest by Legit.ng
Cristiano Ronaldo has not been outrightly ruled out of Juventus' Champions League fixture against Barcelona next week.
The 35-year-old has been in isolation after testing positive for deadly coronavirus while on international duty with Portugal earlier this month.
Since then, he has missed two games for the Old Lady - the 1-1 draw against Crotone and a 2-0 win over Dynamo Kyiv.
Ronaldo was said to have taken the test again and nothing has changed as the result came back positive - meaning he will most likely miss his reunion with the Argentine forward.
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!
However, Juve boss Andrea Pirlo has insisted that the Old Lady are still awaiting the outcome of his recent test, and he could be included in the starting XI if he tests negative before the game.
The former midfielder told reporters on Saturday:
“As far as Cristiano Ronaldo is concerned, there has been no news. We await the results of the swabs.”
“We did them this morning. He underwent the test at his home and if there is new news it will be communicated.”
Pirlo also spoke about Paulo Dybala's situation after being left out of the squad that played a 1-1 draw against Crotone last weekend.
And he could make he could be in the line up when they battle Hellas Verona in preparation for the Champions League fixture. Pirlo added:
“Dybala will play. “He just needed to train. He didn’t have much time to work with us and on a couple of occasions, there was no way to bring him on because we had some red cards.
“In Kyiv on Tuesday he was back on the pitch. Now he is recovered and well, it is right that he plays from the beginning.”
Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi could renew their rivalry in the Champions League if the 35-year-old is cleared of COVID-19.
Photo by Power Sport Images.
Source: Getty Images
Dybala will link up with summer signing Alvaro Morata in the attack. Morata scored and had another goal marginally ruled out against Crotone, before netting both goals in Kyiv.
Legit.ng earlier reported that Barcelona captain Lionel Messi has recounted how special facing Cristiano Ronaldo was while at Real Madrid.
Both stars have a chance to face-off again for the first time since the Portuguese left Los Blancos as the Catalans battle Juventus in the second Champions League group game this season
. However, the Portugal international might not be a part of the crucial encounter as he is currently in isolation after testing positive for coronavirus for the second time.
We haven't gotten the houses FG promised us in 1994 - Siasia raises alarm | Legit TV
About Article Author