A Congresswoman, Marjorie Taylor Greene on Thursday, January 21, announced that she had filed articles of impeachment against President Joe Biden.
PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!
Greene, a staunch supporter of former US president, Donald Trump, made the announcement on her Twitter handle.
The lawmaker later released a statement where disclosed reasons why she introduced articles of Impeachment against the president.
Congresswoman, Greene has called for the removal of Biden from office.
Photo: Alex Wong, Dustin Chambers
Source: Getty Images
According to the statement:
1. Greene alleged that Biden abused his powers when he served as a vice president under Obama.
2. The Congresswoman said President Joe Biden is unfit to hold the office of the presidency.
3. She accused Biden of being involved in enriching his family with cash from corrupt foreign energy companies.
4. According to her, President Biden residing in the White House is a threat to national security.
5. She claimed the president allowed his son, Hunter to influence the domestic policy of Ukraine for monetary benefits.
6. Greene alleged that in 2016, Biden stopped a corruption probe by threatening to withdraw $1 billion in aid to Ukraine over the investigation of a corrupt company where his family had interests.
7. The lawmaker accused Biden of "enabling bribery" and "blatant nepotism" by utilizing Hunter Biden’s position on the Ukrainian energy company, Burisma.
8. The Congresswoman alleged that Hunter Biden used his father’s influence as a then vice president to build many houses and received millions of dollars from foreign sources in exchange for access to his father.
However, there is a strong chance that Greene's articles of impeachment against Biden will fail in the 117th Congress.
The Democrats control both chambers of Congress and won't consider impeaching President Biden.
Legit.ng recalls that President Trump and his Republican allies in Congress made Hunter Biden’s business dealings in China and Ukraine a line of attack against the elder Biden during the 2020 election campaign.
But a Senate investigation by Republicans in 2020 found no evidence of corruption against the president and no evidence that his son’s work for Burisma, an oil company, influenced US foreign policy.
Meanwhile, Biden has been criticised for the first actions he took on his first day in office on Wednesday, January 20.
The newly inaugurated 46th US president had signed 17 executive orders on his first day, some of which reversed some policies put in place by his immediate predecessor, Donald Trump.
Reacting to Biden's actions, Senate minority leader, Mitch McConnell, said the US president has headed in "the wrong direction."
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
3 Nigerians who shone brightly at the US elections | Legit TV
About Article Author