Home | News | General | Zamfara governor makes revelations about those behind abduction of over 300 schoolgirls
Multiple Ballon d’Or winner banned from changing lightbulbs in his mansion in case he injures himself
Hopes for WTO momentum as new boss, Okonjo-Iweala, takes charge

Zamfara governor makes revelations about those behind abduction of over 300 schoolgirls





- Bello Matawalle has suggested that there is a conspiracy involved in the recent abduction of schoolgirls in Zamfara state

- The governor explained why he believes there is a plot to sabotage his administration

- Matawalle has been promoting the idea of securing peace deals with bandits

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

The Zamfara state governor, Bello Matawalle, has said Nigerians will be surprised if they were told about those responsible for the abduction of over 300 schoolgirls from the Government Girls’ Secondary School, Jangebe.

The Punch reported that Matawalle made the statement on Sunday, February 28, when 17 Emirs in the state paid him a sympathy visit over the abduction of the students.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

The governor said the sponsors of the recent school abduction in the state were trying to sabotage the progress he has recoded from peace initiatives in the state.

Jangebe abduction will be the last - President Buhari assures
Insecurity: Zamfara governor makes revelations about those behind abduction of school girls

Matawalle is confident the abducted school girls will be released soon. Photo: @Zamfara_state
Source: Twitter

He said:

‘’As we await the arrival of the released kidnapped students of GSSS Jangebe at the Government House today, I want to inform you that there are many revelations in relation to the abduction of these students.”
“Many people will be surprised to hear those people behind the abduction of these innocent children.''

Meanwhile, the Zamfara state government has said the kidnapped students of Government Secondary School in Jangebe, are still with their captors.

Yusuf Idris, the media aide to Governor Bello Matawalle's media aide, issued a clarification on Sunday, February 28, amid reports that the girls had been released.

Idris speaking to the newspaper at about 3 p.m noted that abducted students have not been freed, saying efforts were currently ongoing to secure the safe return of the children.

In another report, President Muhammadu Buhari has vowed to put an end to kidnapping in Nigeria such as the abduction of over 300 schoolgirls in Jangebe, Zamfara state.

Updated: Zamfara govt says abducted Jangebe schoolgirls yet to be released

The Guardian reported that President Buhari made the vow on Sunday, February 28 through aviation minister Hadi Sirika who represented him during a visit of the Federal Government's delegation to Zamfara state.

The delegation was in Zamfara to commiserate with the state government over the sad incident which occurred on Friday, February 26.

Kess Ewubare is a senior political/current affairs correspondent at Legit.ng. He has both a BSc and a Master’s degree in mass communication. He has over 10 years of experience in working in several fields of mass communication including radio, TV, newspaper, and online. For Kess, journalism is more than a career, it is a beautiful way of life.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE FROM: General Visit website


view more articles

About Article Author

Chuka (Webby) Aniemeka
Chuka (Webby) Aniemeka

Chuka is an experienced certified web developer with an extensive background in computer science and 18+ years in web design &development. His previous experience ranges from redesigning existing website to solving complex technical problems with object-oriented programming. Very experienced with Microsoft SQL Server, PHP and advanced JavaScript. He loves to travel and watch movies.

View More Articles

100 Most Popular News

1 2 Displaying 1 - 100 of 162