- President Buhari has made some key appointments in the education sector
- Notable on the list of the new appointees is Hajo Sani who recently authored the biography of Nigeria's First Lady, Aisha Buhari
- Other appointees include Prof. John Okpako Enaohwo, Prof. Abdullahi A. Abba, Prof. Idris Muhammad Bugaje, among others
PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!
President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed Hajo Sani as the ambassador/permanent delegate of Nigeria to the United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
The appointment was announced via a statement released on Wednesday, April 14, by Ben Bem Goong, the spokesman of the Ministry of Education, sighted by Legit.ng on Twitter.
According to Daily Trust, Ms Sani authored a book on Nigeria's First Lady, Aisha Buhari. The newspaper noted that the appointment came less than a week after the book she wrote on the First Lady was launched at the presidential villa in Abuja.
9 important facts about the new IGP Usman Alkali Baba
Sani currently serves as the senior special assistant to the president on administration and women affairs.
Apart from Sani's, the ministry also announced six other key appointments in the education sector.
Below are the appointments:
1. Prof. John Okpako Enaohwo, Chairman, Governing Board of National Commission for Colleges of Education, (NCCE), Abuja.
2. Prof. Abdullahi A. Abba, Pro-Chancellor/ Chairman, Governing Council, Federal University of Health Sciences, Otukpo, Benue State.
3. Prof. Idris Muhammad Bugaje, Executive Secretary, National Board For Technical Education, (NBTE) Kaduna,
4. Dr Benjamin Ogbole Abakpa as Executive Secretary of National Senior Secondary Education Commission, (NSSEC), Abuja.
5. Prof. Paulinus Chijikoke Okwelle, Executive Secretary, National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE), Abuja.
6. Prof. Ibrahim Muhammad as Director/CEO, Nigerian Arabic Language Village, Ngala, Borno state.
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
In another related development, Prof Bissallah Ahmed Ekele has been reappointed as the Chief Medical Director (CMD) of the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital (UATH), Gwagwalada, Abuja.
9 facts you should know about Frank Mba, the new police PRO
Ekele’s reappointment was approved by President Buhari who said Prof Ekele has performed creditably well in infrastructural development.
The president stated that the CMD is to serve in the position for another term of four years after a selfless service in his first tenure in office.
About Article Author