Home | News | General | 22-year-old Nigerian lady wins big, bags several PhD offers abroad, shares cute photos amid celebration
God when? Cute video stirs reactions as Nigerian man surprises wife with Range Rover & other gifts on birthday
5 popular Nigerian personalities whose kids just graduated from school, adorable photos light up the net

• A young Nigerian lady identified as Promise Ekpo Osaine has bagged four PhD offers abroad; two fully-funded and two partially funded scholarships
  • She took to her LinkedIn page to make the disclosure, saying she has accepted a PhD offer from Princeton University, one of the best in the United States
  • The 22-year-old first class graduate of computer engineering said her journey to securing the scholarships was rigorous

A Nigerian lady identified as Promise Ekpo Osaine has celebrated her achievement on social media after bagging four PhD offers abroad - two fully-funded and two partially-funded scholarships.

Taking to her LinkedIn page, the young lady said apart from the PhD offers, she also bagged three masters offers.

Promise Ekpo Osaine
Promise Ekpo Osaine has commenced her PhD in computer science at Princeton University. Photo credit: Promise Ekpo Osaine/LinkedIn
Source: UGC

The PhD offers she got were from Princeton University, University of Notre Dame, University of Colorado, and Kent State University.

Read also

Nigerian professor who was recently listed among top scholars in the world slumps, dies

Her masters offers were from Western Illinois university, University of Alabama and Saint Louis University.

Do you have a groundbreaking story you would like us to publish? Please reach us through info@corp.legit.ng!

According to the young lady, the scholarships she bagged in the US are worth $206,510/year (N85,129,617.30).

Accepting Princeton scholarship

Promise said she has accepted to study for her PhD in computer science at Princeton University, which is one of the best in the United States.

The young lady said:

"As a 22-year-old #Nigerian lady from #Akwaibom, who attended #Uniben, this means a whole lot to me. Growing up, people used the name “OKON” for derogatory examples & it impacted my self-esteem.
"I am sharing this story to inspire every #youth & girl-child out there. They can achieve anything they set their minds to regardless of their humble financial & educational background, skin color, nationality, age, or gender."

Read also

Pamela Uba: 5 facts about lady who broke 74-year-old record by winning Miss Ireland, her parents are Nigerians

The journey wasn't easy

Promise was quick to note that the journey to obtaining the scholarships was rigorous. She had to deal with 11 rejections after sending out 140 cold emails.

In her words:

"My Journey to obtaining these scholarships was rigorous as I sent 140 cold emails, received 11 rejections & worked my 8-5 Job (sleepless nights)."

She met a life coach

The young lady met a LinkedIn influencer and life coach identified as Wilfred Asuquo, who educated her about US scholarships and statement of purpose.

She said:

"First, I met Wilfred of Zeed Worldwide, who educated me about US scholarships, Statement of purpose & has become my #Lifecoach."

Promise, who is a first class graduate of computer engineering, later met some people who were also instrumental in securing the scholarships. The young lady expressed gratitude to them for their support.

She also acknowledged the contribution of First Class Leaders Network where she received tremendous supports.

Read also

Promise also expressed gratitude to Education USA, Dr kelechukwu and Isaac Udotong for their supports.

In her words:

"In Nov, I won the MT Scholarship by Dr. Michael Taiwo which covered my #IELTS, Transcript, & 2 application fees.
"My MT mentors, Akinbiyi, Oluseun & Oyakhi provided guidance. Oyakhi reviewed all my documents & encouraged my applications to the top schools. I reached out to Dr. Kelechukwu of DEKEMP, who reviewed my SOP & has supported me since then."

Speaking with Legit.ng's Tunde Ososanya, the young lady said resuming at Princeton University is a dream come true for her, adding that she was so excited when she stepped foot in the institution.

In her words:

"I was so excited the day I got here. This was exactly what I prayed for. I remembered praying during my application using a Princeton university photo as a point of contact."

Read also

Young Nigerian man wins big, bags 4 fully-funded PhD scholarships in US, many celebrate with him

According to Promise, it was a defining moment for her as it reinforced her belief that everything is possible through perseverance and hard work.

She said:

"It also dawned on me that I have entered a new stage of my life. At the same time, I had mixed feeling because I miss my family and friends back in Nigeria."

Graduating with first class from the University of Benin

Promise said graduating with a first class from the University of Benin wasn't an easy journey, adding that she had to sacrifice a lot of pleasure and outings to focus on her academics.

In her words:

"I spent more time at the library and night classes than I spent in my room. It paid off as I secured Shell scholarship. At the same time, I held several leadership positions in my department, faculty and campus fellowship."

Fielding question on whether she would return to Nigeria after studies in the US, the young lady responded in the affirmative.

Read also

Beautiful Nigerian-American lady quits working in US Navy to pursue career in pharmacy, shares adorable photo

In her words:

"My research will be focused on improving maternal health through Artificial Intelligence (with emphasis on the applications of different machine learning frameworks).
"I got this inspiration after I discovered how maternal death is prevalent in the Sub-Saharan Africa. So, I will definitely maintain my ties with Nigeria."

Social media celebrates Promise

Wilfred Asuquo said:

"Zeed Worldwide seeds are spreading around the world. Thank you Promise Ekpo Osaine for making me proud. My hardwork and time invested in you paid off. I am extremely proud of you. I am confident you will conquer and raise that Nigeria flag high."

Bayode Oluwamoyewa wrote:

"God knows I'm proud of you, Promise Ekpo Osaine. God who has started well with you on this journey will end it well with you. Congratulations."

Elvis Onyedikachi KAWEDO commented:

"This is really huge, Promise Ekpo Osaine. Congratulations!"

Prosper Chukwudi wrote:

"Congratulations Promise Ekpo Osaine."

Nigerian man bags 6 PhD scholarships abroad

Read also

Oyinbo lady who moved out of her country with only N97k in her bank account narrates how she suffered

Legit.ng previously reported that a Nigerian man identified as Onyeka S. Chukwudozie took to social media to celebrate his achievements after bagging six PhD scholarships abroad.

Taking to his LinkedIn page, Onyeka who graduated with a first class from the University of Lagos said he has started his PhD in biological sciences (virology) at the University of California, San Diego.

The scholarships didn't come on a platter of gold for the young man who disclosed that there were countless rejections over the years.

Source: Legit

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE FROM: General Visit website

view more articles

About Article Author

Chuka (Webby) Aniemeka
Chuka (Webby) Aniemeka

Chuka is an experienced certified web developer with an extensive background in computer science and 18+ years in web design &development. His previous experience ranges from redesigning existing website to solving complex technical problems with object-oriented programming. Very experienced with Microsoft SQL Server, PHP and advanced JavaScript. He loves to travel and watch movies.

View More Articles