Twelve evil men who brutally and repeatedly raped a minor while keeping her in a house for their sexual satisfaction have been jailed for 140-years.
A gang of 12 men have been jailed for a combined total of 140 years over the grooming and rape of a girl. They were found guilty of 16 offences started in May 2011 when the girl was 13 and continued until June 2012.
Judge Roger Thomas QC handed the men sentences of between three-and-a-half and 20 years detention, including an extended sentence for Mahmood.
He said: ‘You’re all to be sentenced, all of you, for offences against a young vulnerable child.
‘She was only 13 or 14 when the 12 of you took such terrible and heartless sexual advantage of her.’
The judge said cases such as these were classed as child sexual exploitation.
He said: ‘This is a category of case which involves the sexual exploitation of usually young, vulnerable girls by groups of men who take advantage of a child for their own selfish, sexual gratification.’
Kabir, who received the greatest jail term of 20 years, was also sentenced for 12 sexual offences against two other young girls after being found guilty at a separate trial.
Mr Hampton said the abuse took place over a period of two years when one girl was aged between six and seven and the other was aged between seven and nine.
Judge Thomas said all four victims had suffered ‘severe psychological harm’.
A trial last year heard how the teenager was repeatedly raped by the men in encounters arranged by a violent drug dealer over a period of 13 months between 2011 and 2012.
- On one occasion, the girl was gang-raped by five of the defendants.
- Khalid Raja Mahmood, 34, received a 17-year extended sentence for two charges of rape and three of sexual activity with a child. The sentences includes a jail term of 13.5 years and an extended licence period of three-and-a-half years;
- Tauqeer Hussain, 23, of Belgrave Road, Keighley, was jailed for a total of 18 years for two counts of rape against the first victim and one against another teenage girl.
- Yasser Kabir, 25, of Belgrave Road, Keighley, was jailed for a total of 20 years for three counts of rape against the first victim and four charges of rape, two charges of sexual assault, two charges of assault by penetration and four charges of causing a child to engage in sexual activity against two young girls.
- Sufyan Ziarab, 23, of Kendall Mellor Court, Keighley, was jailed for 15 years for two counts of rape;
- Bilal Ziarab, 21, of Sedgwick Close, Bradford, was jailed for 12 years for two counts of rape;
- Israr Ali, 19, of Devonshire Street West, Keighley, was sentenced to three-and-half-years in a young offenders’ institution for one count of rape;
- Nasir Khan, 24, of Buxton Street, Keighley, was jailed for 13 years for one count of rape;
- Saqib Younis, 29, of Bradford Street, Keighley, was jailed for 13 years for one count of rape;
- Hussain Sardar, 19, of Bradford Street, Keighley, was sentenced to six years in a young offenders’ institution for one count of rape;
- Zain Ali, 20, of Buxton Street, Keighley, was sentenced to eight years in a young offenders’ institution for one count of rape;
- Faisal Khan, 27, of Buxton Street, Keighley, was jailed for 13 years for one count of rape;
- Mohammed Akram, 63, of Holker Street, Keighley, was jailed for five years for one count of sexual activity with a child.
100 Most Popular News