Home | World | Africa | Father mistakenly gives infant poison
Millions of people forced from their homes face dual hardship of Covid-19
WATCH: 'Mnangagwa will rule forever' General Chiwenga declares

Father mistakenly gives infant poison





There was a tragic incident in Shamva after a 31-year-old father, Passmore Nicholas, allegedly accidentally fed his one-year-old son cattle dip chemical thinking that it was water.

Allegations are that the mother Placxedis Mafunga was offered the dip chemical from a nearby farm where she had been doing her piece jobs.

She poured the chemical in a Pepsi container and left it in the kitchen.

It is also alleged that the baby was crying while under the watch of his father who accidentally fed him the liquid from the Pepsi container in a bid to calm him down thinking it was water.

The baby cried all the more after drinking the poison and his mother came to enquire what was happening to him.

Nicholas told her that he gave him the liquid in the Pepsi container and she revealed that it was poison.

They rushed the baby to a nearby clinic and he died upon admission.

Mashonaland Central deputy police spokesperson Assistant Inspector Fidelis Dhewu confirmed the case and implored people not to put poisonous substances in food containers.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE FROM: Africa Visit website



Loading...

view more articles

About Article Author

Chuka (Webby) Aniemeka
Chuka (Webby) Aniemeka

Chuka is an experienced certified web developer with an extensive background in computer science and 18+ years in web design &development. His previous experience ranges from redesigning existing website to solving complex technical problems with object-oriented programming. Very experienced with Microsoft SQL Server, PHP and advanced JavaScript. He loves to travel and watch movies.

View More Articles

100 Most Popular News

1 2 Displaying 1 - 100 of 153